Saturday, September 28, 2019

Saturday's Scribbles


Good Saturday to you from our corner of Iowa where fall is showing off and bringing us a beautiful day.  Oh how I love fall.  I am in my living room sanctuary with the back door open just loving the sounds, smells, and sights of fall. 

It is nice to be back in the land of the living.  I am in the midst of jotting notes when I can to have a little "chemo chat" in the future as this past 5-6 days has been a test of my endurance.  The infusions went well but by Sunday I was sleeping off and on all day and waking every hour of the night.  Chemo hit me harder than the first time around and the next few days are a bit of a blur.  Times where I thought I was going to die and other times where I was thinking Heaven sounded sooo good.  I remember repeating often, " Lord have mercy".  Friday I woke thinking something feels different.  This morning I was strong enough to shower.  It took all my energy, but I did it!  I felt my brain could put a few words together so I picked up my laptop to do a little scribbling.

Our granddaughter Grace celebrated a birthday this week, along with our sister-in-law Betty.  Joel's brother has a birthday coming up and our oldest daughter Beth and son-in-law Kevin will soon celebrate their 25th Anniversary.  When I think about that beautiful fall day in Duluth, MN it makes me smile.  It was such a great celebration with family and friends.  I can still remember the two of us walking Beth down the aisle into the arms of a man who has loved her well.  So grateful.

Grateful.  So what are you grateful for this day?  I am grateful for a phone call, a bowl of cereal, a TV to get lost in, the sounds outside the door, a hubby who walks with me, the prayers of friends and family,  animal videos, silence, the laughter of children, and so much more.  Enjoy your Saturday.  Practice intentional gratitude. 




No comments: