Saturday, December 29, 2018

Saturday's Scribbles

Good Saturday morning here from north Iowa where the weather has been all over the board.  It was 42 and raining on Thursday, snowing and cold on Friday.  We have little snow, though,  compared to those north of us in Minnesota.

Speaking of all over the board, the past two weeks have been more challenging than anything I have experienced in many years....if ever.  The good news is that my hemoglobin is going up, the fever is long gone, and and labs from the cancer center are holding steady.  The bad news is I continue to be nauseated, nothing tastes good except for smoothies and roasted and carmelized sweet potatoes.  Thank God for that.  I have lost 11 lbs, but seem to be stable now in the weight category.  I have spent most of my time napping, resting, or sleeping.  We think that my recovery from the surgery from hell is slow because I am also on treatments for breast cancer and they have their own list of challenges.


Joel has been a saint with all the cooking, caring, and encouragement he has sent my way.  I am richly blessed to have him in my life.  So blessed.

And so blessed to have so many people praying for us as we walk this journey.  I have not let myself think much about what I went through and what it all means.  I am not ready to face it all yet.  I am just grateful we are seeing progress.  Slow as it is, we are seeing progress in my recovery.  Thank you for praying and for encouraging us.

2 comments:

Anita Johnson said...

You are loved and prayed for by many! Let’s pray for a very different 2019! ❤️

Diane P Morin said...

I am so thankful to hear some progress is being made, Renee. I must say I don't know where your journey began so I will take the time to look back through past blogs to catch up. I will continue to pray for strength physically, emotionally and spiritually. His Spirit is always present, His love everlasting and His joy always available.

Diane Morin xoxo
(Prayer Buddy)