Thursday, April 4, 2019

A New Thing?

"Behold, I am doing a new thing.  
Now it shall spring forth, shall you not know it? 
 I will even make a road in the wilderness 
and rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 43:19 (NKJV)

This verse has gotten my attention the past week.  It has appeared on Facebook and in my email devotionals.  It is a verse that God highlighted for us at Bethel Church when we received the prophetic words over us.  Words that encouraged and words that warned us of a season on our hands and knees.  Yeah.

When I meditated on this verse I had an old vision come to mind.  Several months ago I experienced a visual encounter with God.  He woke me one morning telling me He was giving us a new car.  I remember arguing with God that we did not need a new car.  We love our Enclave and it is new to us.  He continued to insist He was giving us a new car.  Then when I prayed about it later, the visual encounter came to me.  Jesus stood beside an Enclave that looked just like ours.  He told me to get in, and then said, "Let Me drive."  He got in the front driver's seat and I got in the backseat behind him.  Joel was in the passengers seat upfront.  I said to Jesus......."Is this our Enclave or a new one?"  He told me it was a new car.  When we stopped and I got out I said to Him, "Well, thank you?"  And He laughed and said, "That is what I wanted to hear."

Studying this verse a few days ago, I saw the Enclave again and it all became clearer to me.  The verse speaks of God making a new road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.  Here was Jesus driving ~ taking us down a road......was this the new road in the wilderness?  Was the "new thing" He is doing the "new car"  He spoke about?  I believe so.  God often speaks in mysteries and this was an example of that........and the explanation that came months later.

It has been another challenging time for me.  A broke tooth is going to require an extraction.  The surgery to remove the stone in my left kidney is scheduled for next week.  I continue with eye shots that are helping, but not without pushback.  I am still on antibiotics for the UTIs.   And then there is the cancer treatments, which have my white blood cells at only 1100.  IF they drop lower I will have to go off the verzenio and possibly hold off on surgery for the last kidney stone and tooth extraction.  I am too vulnerable to infection.

SO can I take this visual encounter, can I grasp hold of this promise from God, to make a way in the wilderness, a road....and hang on tight for my future?  Can I "see the new thing"  Can I "perceive it?"  God is asking me too.  No matter what the future holds He is asking me to let Him drive........to see the new thing...........to believe His promises.


No comments: