Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Intentional Celebrating

Yesterday the Urologist told me the left kidney looks good, the surgery went well, and he was able to remove the left stent in an office procedure.  The stents are both gone along with their side effects, and I don't have to go back for four months.  Good news!

In all honesty I had to be very intentional about "celebrating" the good news.  I have been feeling like crap since the cancer treatment injections last Friday.  So bloody weak and shaky that I could hardly get to the Urologist's office.  Seriously bonded to my sofa.  Again. 

The treatments are taking their toll while they are doing their job.  I have lost 17 lbs (which is really a good thing).  I am weak, shaky, tired, and have little energy.  The good news?  I can still tolerate the meds and they are helping fight this ugly disease.  My hair has gotten thinner and stopped growing in front and on the sides.  Our daughter N. made me aware that I still have hair though.  And yes I do.  Again, the need to be intentional about celebrating any and all good news!

Yesterday I texted, among others, my sister Jan.  She texted me back that she had sent on my prayer requests to friends and other prayer warriors right away.  It is a great comfort to have others praying for me.  I have seen and felt things change with prayer.  Celebrating the gift of prayer and God's listening ear.

I would not want to walk this journey alone.  And I don't have to.  Joel is an amazing husband, friend and caretaker.  He has been cooking 99% of the meals since last December.  He does 99% of the laundry and all the grocery shopping.  He helps clean the house.  He goes with me to every appointment, procedure, surgery, and test.  He encourages me when I am down, he prayers over and for me when I am struggling.  He is amazing and I often celebrate the gift he is to my life. 

I may be bonding with my sofa, but I am still able to write which is very therapeutic for me.  Intentionally celebrating the gift of expression. 

There is something healing about giving thanks, having gratitude, celebrating the good in our lives even in the midst of the ugly.  I expect God planned it that way.  His Word backs up the idea that praise, gratitude, and celebrating all good things is powerful.  Even if at times it needs to be intentional. 














No comments: