Saturday, June 20, 2020

Saturday's Scribbles

Good Saturday to you from this little piece of Iowa where the beautiful dry warm weather made room for rain and storms on Thursday night.  More rain expected for today.  Our mini garden is growing like crazy and starting to put out feelers to climb the chicken wire.  Yay.  Our large spendy pot of flowers has been well worth the cost as we soak in it's beauty every day.  It makes us smile!  Our black-eyed Susan Ivy is wrapping itself around the shepherd's hook that holds it off the ground.  It reminds me that we need to wrap our arms around our Shepherd, Jesus.  As I watch the ivy securing itself to the pole, I ask you Lord to secure us to You.  So far the deer have not eaten our lilies up front so I am hoping we will actually get to see them bloom this year!  Yes, June is blessing us greatly at a time we all need just a little nature to spread some joy.

Jesus our Shepherd 
by
Frances and Richard Hook
(love their paintings of Jesus)


Speaking of spreading some joy, on Thursday we headed back to Mayo Clinic for my consultation, exam, etc. with the Mayo Breast Clinic.  It was the first time since January 27th that we drove farther than 10 miles with a destination in mind!  The exam found no issues so that was good news and brought us some joy.  We head back Monday for a bone density test, another consult concerning "survivorship" and with someone about genetic testing I am doing,  and blood draws.  It was interesting to walk out of the elevator from the parking ramp into the sub-level of the clinic.  Several stations were set up in two rows 6 ft apart.  We were screened for a fever and questioned about Covid-19 exposures etc.  A mask is required there.  "You protect me, I protect you."  We were given a sticker to wear that had the day written on it and a check mark letting them know we had been screened.  Absolutely everything about Mayo is done in a thorough and detailed way.  I like that.

Something else I like......Last weekend we visited with our full time RVing friends one last time before they headed to S.D. to spend the summer.  We will miss them.  They make us laugh, think, stretch and grow.  Joel is still doing shop and yard work and biking to keep busy and I am cleaning and cooking, and working on a new puzzle. Yesterday we took a walk down by the river which was so nice.  I don't tolerate the bright sunlight well now, so a rainy cloudy day or dusk walk are my best times to get outside.

Speaking of light, the other morning I decided to listen to a Bethel sermon on the spirit realm.  Three sentences in God spoke to me about the anger I have been feeling lately.  One sentence completely popped that balloon full of anger I did not even realize I was holding on to,  God is so good that way.  He guided me in a different direction, revealing the need for a shift of focus.  Don't you just love when God shines a light on an "issue" we are dealing with?  I expect some of my frustration and anger has shown up in my writing too.  When I write...........very little is hidden......dang, sometimes it is hard to be human!  I apologize if I offended anyone here with my own words.

Speaking of human, I heard something today in a devotional that was so amazing.  The person writing was talking about sea otters and how when they sleep in the water they "hold hands" so as not to drift apart from each other.  The mothers will also take sea kelp and wrap it around themselves and their babies so as not to be separated.  So smart!  It makes them sound so human, too, doesn't it!  God has created so many amazing animals for us to enjoy.  I do have a few questions for Him when I get to Heaven....like did ticks and mosquitoes have an original purpose or did they come into existence after the fall in the Garden......And snakes?  Anything good about snakes?  Yeah.......  Just saying!

Just saying.........We continue to shelter here most of the time.  We continue to wear masks, social distance, and stay cautious as Covid numbers spike here in Iowa.  We continue to pray for our children as our world shakes at it's foundation in a re-birthing process.  May Jesus be in the middle of it all.

So grateful for June, the beauty of nature, the colorful flowers, sea otters, worship music, God's Word coming through another's preaching, our mini garden, books that help us escape, books that teach us.  Grateful for doctors, and of course for our great Physician, Jesus the Healer!

Enjoy your weekend!







No comments: