Saturday, May 8, 2021

Saturday's Scribbles

 

Good Saturday to you from a new corner of the world  ~~ the woods of Wisconsin where we are enjoying a few days with our oldest daughter and our son-in-law at their cabin on the lake.  I am not always an outdoorsy type of girl with Lyme being such a major part of my past, but I can't help but enjoy the view of the lake from the deck of their "happy place".   The view is amazing, isn't it.  


Speaking of views, my life view is giving me a few challenges as I have gone back on this drug, Arimidex.  Lets just get this medical drama update out of the way, shall we.   I went back on the medication and 10 days in my issues with retrieving the right word, saying the right word, and losing my train of thought have increased and the hours I am able to sleep have decreased.  Seriously, I can deal with the bone and joint pain, the fatigue and weakness, and even the lack of sleep, but the cognitive issues are difficult to accept.  It is worrisome that they will become permanent and from what I have read at places like Mayo Clinic Connect, others are concerned too.  Why don't I just quit the drug?  Because three of the four cancers I have had were estrogen fueled...the estrogen fed the cancer cells to multiply and this drug takes the estrogen out of the body and stops the cancer cells from multiplying.   Joel and I keep praying and believing "this too shall pass", and ask you to pray also.  God has a plan.\

Speaking of God, Friday morning I woke from a bad dream at 3:30 am.  Concerned I would not get back to sleep I thought to myself..........."I hope I can sleep".  I immediately heard a quiet voice in my head say, "You will".  And then........"Just do deep breathing".  So I did and fell back to sleep until my usual Arimidex wake up time at 5am.  So grateful God spoke, so grateful I slept.

Moving on...........This past week a friend stopped by while he was out biking.  Why would I share that?  Because we invited him in and he sat in our living room for an hour and a half visiting.  And why would I share that?  Because for the first time since December 2019 someone came into our house and sat in our living room and had a visit with us.  Seriously.  (He is vaccinated and we are vaccinated.).. It felt strange and yet it felt normal and normal is such a good thing, isn't it.  Hope rises!

Nap time

Which brings us back to this cabin in Wisconsin.......for the first time  16 months we are able to hug on our oldest and her hubby.  Oh, what a wonderful blessing to do so. We are able to enjoy our grand dog, Koda, who weighs 150 lbs. and likes having the grandparents around. We are able to visit, laugh, cry, and just take in the view ~~ of their lake, their cabin, and most importantly, of them.  In person.  Face to face.  With skin on.   There is nothing like it.

Our granddog, Koda

Beth and Kevin are hard working, passionate, caring people who love the Lord, their kids, family and "framily" as they call their friends.  They parent so well....they do life so well... During those moments in time when we are able to see them face to face, we store up memories like precious gems.  Today, among the pines of Wisconsin, while viewing this beautiful still morning on the lake, we are so grateful.  

It is Mother's Day weekend, a great time to be with our oldest and her hubby.  A great time to see their cabin for the first time.  I often look at our kids and feel so blessed by how well they do life and am especially grateful for our three daughters and daughter-in-law this weekend. They are gifts to their children and to all of us.

We are heading to a local dairy today to pick up a variety of cheeses.  Makes sense, doesn't it.  Wisconsin and "cheeseheads"  as they are known for in sports.  It will be a fun adventure, especially for two people who have not been on many adventures lately.  We still are cautious.  Don't eat out.  Stop at rest areas when we can instead of fast food places and definitely gas stations are a last resort.  We eat our yogurt travel lunches in the car, seeking out a view when possible.  But we are on the move!

So, this weekend I am grateful for hugging on our son-in-law and daughter, for a grand dog who keeps us smiling, for enjoying a new view, Joel able to bike at the cabin, visiting a dairy, good food and fellowship, texting with a couple grandkids, watching a video of our granddaughter running and winning a race in track, the prayers of family and friends, God's Voice in the night, and so much more.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: