Sunday, May 29, 2022

Saturday's Scribbles on Sunday

Good Sunday to you on Memorial Day weekend.  A good amount of rain this past week has made everything so many beautiful shades of green, our trees are full, the neighbors flowers are blooming and with our doors open we are really enjoying our favorite singing Wren who comes yearly to nest in the birdhouse Joel made.  Loving May!

This past week we were able to start getting what we need to renovate our upstairs bathroom.  Came home with a tub from Home Depot and floor tile from Menards.  Finding the right vanity top/sink combo has been more challenging, but we will persist in our search.  The upstairs bathroom is a 1980's black and white explosion that hurts the eyes.   There is a high old jet tub that this vertically challenged person has trouble getting in and out of.  At my age it is risky every time I shower.  After 18 years we have decided enough is enough and will renovate.  Exciting!

This has been a season of Okay then. I think about when I had a good eye report and lymphedema report and two days later end up in ER.  Or something as simple as making almond bread for myself and then cookies for Joel and then when I was doing clean up I noticed that a piece of the rubber spatula I used to scrap both the bread and cookie bowl was gone.  Okay then.  I warned Joel about it and said a quick prayer that neither of us would eat it.  A few hours later Joel bites into a cookie and there it was!  Yay,,.no worry of swallowing it.  Good grief.

Thursday I got a letter from the clinic  where the Holter results were to go, with a report that said, "It was good to see you in our office.  Your echocardiogram came back okay.  Let me know if we can be of further assistance." So, here's the thing....I DID NOT see the doctor and I DID NOT have an echo.  Okay, then.  

We decided to just go to my appointment the next day and get it figured out.  Friday I saw my primary doctor to find out the results of the Holter monitor.  My primary doctor retired over a year ago so I scheduled a physical with a new one in the same clinic for August.  When I had called for an appointment we learned my OLD primary was helping fill in and I asked to see her for the Holter results.  She knows me well.  She spent a great deal of time with me, thank you Jesus.  And told me the other doctor had made a mistake in sendng the letter.  Can't say I have much confidence in the "new" primary?  Hmmmm   While there I mentioned my up coming physical and my retired primary said she could do that when I asked her....Yay.....We talked a long time about the results as they found no sign of a heart problem.  Most of the palps I felt did not even show up on the Holter.  With how we know it started and what I know helps it or triggers it and the test results,  the consensus is that it is from anxiety.  Okay then.  Now we have a place to start from.

So we decided to get our 2nd boosters Friday also since I got a nod from my doctor.   Neither of us had side effects except tiredness from our first booster, so we expected the same.  Joel was a bit tired, and me?  Hit by a train with headache, chills, aches and pains, fatigue, etc.  Okay, then.  Saturday was spent horizontal, but Sunday I started to feel better.  There are other examples of this season of "good...good.....BAM" but what we are holding on to is the fact that it works out for good.  God is in the midst of it all whether a trip to the ER or a piece of spatula found in a cookie!

Getting back to hearts, I have been reminded a few times of the vision I had of Jesus walking up to me, reaching in and taking my heart out.  He cupped it in his hands and when he opened his hands a fluffy little newborn bird was in his hands.  Soon the bird flew off....and I heard the word "freedom".  When palpitations want to speak loudly I remember that and give thanks that God has my heart.  The verse He gave me that same week is one I have memorized.  "The heart at peace gives life to the body."  Proverbs 14:30.  Thank you God.   

We hope you have had a good Memorial Day.  Maybe some grilling, some family or friends gathering together, and time to remember what this holiday is all about.  Today I am grateful  for those we honor on this day , for good reports, for side effects that go away, for grilled burgers and crisp salad on a warm day, for the way God speaks to me in pictures and videos,  for finding the piece of rubber in a cookie bite, for Sunday worship from home, for finding tile and a tub, for the promises of God...and so much more.

Enjoy the week ahead!

No comments: