Saturday, February 11, 2023

Saturday's Scribbles

 

Good Saturday to you from the Upper Midwest where temperatures will reach a balmy 40 drees today.  What???  Such strange weather this year,  Up and down for sure.  Snow still provides us a winter wonderland but I expect the lakes are not so safe for ice fishing or kite flying with the fluctuation of temperatures.  Even though it is only February, we are so ready for Spring here!

Speaking of weather, the other night I told Joel I wanted to walk around the cul-de-sac after dark.  He put his coat on to go with me and off we went.  We got as far as two steps onto our sidewalk from the porch and started to slip and slide.  I grabbed the side of the house and Joel navigated us back to the porch where we took in a little fresh air but no walking!  I'm sure it was comical to see  but not experience!  The cold...warm...cold....pattern has made the ground slippery at times.

That cold...warm...cold pattern seems like my journey with my eye too.  Last couple of days have brought me more pain and discomfort which is frustrating but we have been forewarned that this is how it is.  Still trying to save the eye.  We know that God could heal my eye in  a blink of mine.....he heals eyes, the Bible tells us so.  Have we seen my eye healed?  No.  Do we continue to pray for it?  Yes.  And even when we don't begin to understand and have a million whys we would love to get answers to, we remember that God is faithful.  He is good. 

Speaking of God, I often hear from Him through scriptures that come and come and come again...repetition speaks to me of God.  But he has been silent and then yesterday when Joel was praying for what direction to go with my eye I heard a quiet voice, the familiar although not often heard voice say...."Trust Me".   So, we intentionally trust even when we don't understand..  We worship as a sacrifice if necessary.  This was all affirmed to me this morning as I listened to a Lisa Harper YouTube video on the same subject.  So, we move forward or stand firm living one day at a time, praying for guidance and healing while lamenting with honesty our suffering.  God is good with that.  

Does anyone else have wild dreams?  I sure do.  The other night I woke myself up from one.  I dreamt a drone was attacking me.....(I am not kidding) and I woke up swinging my bed pillow up in the air trying to hit the drone while yelling..."Get away from me"!  Where did that come from?  Well, a week ago I watched a funny show called, "So, help me Todd" and in the show a drones were attacking and chasing a couple of people...it was humorous....but  showed up days later in my "nightmare".  Joel talks a lot in his sleep and laughs and also prays in his prayer language in his sleep which often wakes him up.  I am thinking I need more of his kind of dreams!

We are moving forward in our daily Bible listening in both the Old and New Testaments.....into Numbers now.  I still do not like how God handles things in the Old Testament.  Such wrath.  Ugh.....  We are also in Mark, which is about Jesus and his ministry....that makes sense to me!

We have been watching our favorite show, "All Creatures Great and Small" on our PBS channel Sunday nights.  A new season started and it is as good as the last,  We are old enough to have watched the original series many years ago....and of course we read the books.  This newer version is even better!  

So, as I end this week's ramblings, I am thankful for our favorite show starting up again.  Grateful for hearing God speak quietly in my head.  Grateful for the days I am better, and for days we can open the windows to let in fresh air.  Grateful for phone calls, texts, emails, and more.  Grateful we are through Leviticus and half way through Numbers in our Bible journey.  Grateful for warmer weather, walks in the house for me and outside for Joel.  Grateful for Lisa Harper's videos on YouTube.  Grateful for family and friends, good doctors, and great prayer warriors....and so much more....

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: