Saturday, March 9, 2019

Saturday's Scribbles



Our weather continues to be wild and filled with snow, rain, ice, and wind.  Seriously, this winter has been long ...........long and endless.  Our corner of Iowa is piled high with snow and today's rain is adding to the mess.  Joel was out yesterday using the snow rake to lower the burden on the roof and make room for the rain.  North of us they are getting heavy snow again.  I am not sure what is worse, sleet and ice or snow?  I saw a quote that said, "It is like winter stormed out of the room angry and then came back in saying.......and another thing!"
The past 10 days have been a journey..........again.  I had a scan that showed the large stone in right kidney is gone with a few fragments left we hope will keep quiet. Yay! In an office procedure the urologist took out the stent in that kidney.  Uncomfortable, but the symptoms after were more challenging.  Turns out I still have the "complicated UTI" and those symptoms ramped up as I waited for insurance to approve IV antibiotics.  I started those IV's Wednesday.  Again.  The IV is in my hand so it is hard to do much.  Awkward.  The day after the urology appointment I had injections and saw the oncologist.  I keep feeling frustrated by my lack of energy and tiredness and Joel keeps reminding me of all that is going on.

Speaking of going on, last week my sister Jo, who helped raised me, ended up going by ambulance to the hospital and eventually after some pretty scary symptoms she ended up getting a pacemaker and new blood pressure meds.  Yesterday she ended up repeating the same scenario and is being checked out at the cardiac unit.  Hopefully it is only a medication glitch.  I hate that we cannot be up with her, but she is in our prayers.

Life continues to be what happens while we are making other plans.  We like to think we are in control and forge our own journey through life...........that works some of the time until things get messy.  I think about those who went through tornados this week.  Such devastation.  The medical tsunami that hit my sister was so unexpected.  A diagnosis, an accident, a death, a financial loss.  Everyone has a story to tell of a time or two when life threw a wrench in best laid plans.  In the middle of a good life comes the bad.  No one escapes it.  It is just a matter of what we do with it.

Some days we do well, other days weariness sets in. Good thing we know where to turn.  A place where the facts meet the truth.  Jesus.  Praying your days are filled with few storms, filled with Jesus and His truth.  Even as winter continues on...............let us not forget that Spring WILL come.  This too shall pass.


No comments: