Monday, March 11, 2019

When Life Gives You Lemons

My sister Jan has a beautiful lemon tree in her back yard at their winter home in Mesa.  It produced so many lemons this year she put an add on their community email for people to come and take as many as they wanted.  Her hubby loves lemon pie, so he gets his fill as the tree flourishes.  She is making something good from all those lemons,



When life gives you lemons........make lemonade or maybe lemon pie.  Make something!  Don't let yourself get bogged down in the sourness of the season. Don't be chewing on those lemons.  On a side note, we had a good friend in New Mexico and she used to suck on lemons the way you would an orange.  It was actually eating away the enamel on her teeth! 

Life has been more than a little challenging for myself and so many others I know.  As I lay on the sofa it feels like lemons have piled up around me, stacked high.  Just what can I make with all these lemons?

I was sharing with my friend Katherine what has been going on in my body lately.  A lament of sorts as I grieved the life I lost for the one I have now.  So many issues, so many struggles.  She asked me  a very important question that gave me pause.........."How are you feeding your soul?"

Joel and I have both described this journey as one that seems to be stuck in time.  Just going in circles like the Israelites wandering in the wilderness.  There has to be purpose for this season.  These lemons thrown my way eat away on the soul just as the acidic fruit eats on tooth enamel.  Need to feed the soul.

How do we make something good from all the lemons?  Each one of us would have a different answer to this question.  Jesus tells us He will work all things together for good for those who love the Lord.  There is the Word on that.  Solid.  Trustworthy. 

So when life gives us lemons, let's squeeze every ounce of juice out of those sour little things the enemy sends our way, and lets make an effort to make some lemonade.  Or a great lemon pie!  It won't always be easy, but it is not impossible with God.  Feed your soul 


1 comment:

Jan said...

You are such a blessing in my life
sister Renee’ and such an inspiration to me and so many others! You should try to write a weekly for a msgazine so pic one out and go for it!! πŸ’•✝️πŸŽΆπŸ˜€ love you Janey