Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Birthday Blessings


It is our oldest daughter's birthday today.  She turned 49 although that seems impossible.  How can that be?  As our first born she was a "guinea pig" of sorts as we learned how to parent.  I think she has forgiven us the mistakes we made as we learned and grew with her.  I was 21 when she was born, Joel 23.  We were married in June of 1968 and I was wearing maternity clothes when we celebrated our first anniversary.  I did not need them, but I was so excited to be pregnant I couldn't wait to put them on.  She arrived 3 1/2 weeks after her due date.  At 8 1/2 lbs she had the most beautiful skin, and was healthy as could be.  We lived in a 2 room apt. in Albuquerque N.M. with too many roaches and too little space.  Joel was getting training in the Air Force at the time.  We really had no clue what we were doing.  There was a woman who mentored me as she had given birth to her 7th child when I gave birth to our first. She was a big help!



We have watched Beth grow and develop, using her musical gifts, graduating from H.S. and college, earning her own masters in Old Testament theology,.  More importantly she married a solid Christian man and raised her own kids to adulthood, We have been amazed and so very thankful.   So very thankful for the precious gift we were given so many years ago, for the woman she has become.  In spite of us and because of us.

Today we say Happy Birthday to our oldest!  Happy Birthday Beth!  May this year be overflowing in abundance and joy~love and blessings!  And just when did you get to be 49?!?!

1 comment:

NanaNor's said...

Dearest Renee, Happy Belated Birthday to your beautiful daughter. The years certainly fly by, don't they. I also wore maternity pants on our first anniversary because I was pregnant as well. I didn't need them, but was so excited I just couldn't wait.
I'm so thankful to our Lord for leading me in the way of raising my girls-without my husband leading the way spiritually. They are fine godly women now and I'm so grateful for His hand in bringing them two fine godly men and all of our grands.
Blessings dear one.
Noreen