Saturday, March 11, 2023

Saturday's Scribbles

Good Saturday to you from snowy Iowa where we are expecting 2-4 more inches of the white stuff today, after Thursday's storm left 3 1/2 inches of new snow.  Winter is getting really old...come on Spring!  Joel's bike rides have been put on hold once again! 

Speaking of Joel, yesterday he did all the floors in our 5 level, 2700 square foot too-big house.  (the half down and half up levels are just bedrooms jutting out in the front of this unusual house) I love when the floors are shiny and clean.  The bathrooms too!  Most people don't really like cleaning bathrooms but I enjoy getting the chrome to shine, and the ceramic sparkle! I can't say Joel has the same enthusiasm for cleaning the floors,  but he gets it done.  Grateful.

It has been another quiet week here at our own "Lake Woebegone".  I am weaning off the Gabapentin because the side effects were too much. The pain and pressure is back in my head, but so far I am sleeping at night and managing to some degree the days with Tylenol.   I am not a person to even take over the counter pain relief.  Seriously, we don't usually even keep it in the house as it gets outdated....but....None of this journey has been easy. The only outing I had besides spending a few minutes getting fresh air on the porch at night was a brief trip to the grocery store.  

Speaking of outings, Joel has taken a "job" filling in one Sunday a month for a couple of churches south of us.  He starts tomorrow........just in time for day light savings time. I never do well with these time changes.  I am back to my same pattern of waking at 5:45 a.m. no matter what time I go to bed.  Ugh.  Lets pick one time and stick with it.  There is plenty of evidence that it is hard on the body....  Come on..............

Speaking again of Joel, he attended a meeting with the ELCA National Bishop Eaton this week.  A meet and greet with her and local ELCA pastors as she was in town for a meeting of some sort.  He is off to Gabby Grandpas this morning having coffee and getting his fill of conversation.  He is such an extravert, and is energized by people.  Are you energized or depleted by people?  I remember once Joel took a test for how extraverted he was and a high score was 15.....he scored 45!  He has mellowed with age some!.  

This week we decided to try bison.  Have you had it?  It really tastes pretty neutral. 

I still walk 20-25 minutes around the house inside.  This goes back, like I shared before, to when Holy Spirit whispered to me to "walk out your healing".  I was being treated for Lyme and the meds were not helping.  After Joel's middle of the night healing I began to persist for the same thing.  I could walk for only 5 minutes without being exhausted....but I bought myself hot pink tennies  and first of all just kept them close by me to remind me I would have the energy to walk again.  Soon I could walk 5 minutes and still have energy...then we celebrated when I could walk 10!  Eventually I could walk 45 minutes.  Cancer slowed me down but I NEVER have stopped walking because Holy told me to walk!  I was healed of Lyme and Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and a cyst through prayers. alone.  I was healed of cancer and other things thorough medical interventions.  I will be healed again.  So, while on this journey,  the song below is on repeat here for me.  The words are powerful and speak truth.  Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.  




So today I am grateful for music that soothes the soul.  Grateful for Joel getting the floors done.  Grateful for TV that distracts, podcasts that inspire, teachings that open my mind to new things.  Grateful to know that winter will eventually end~ and so will this journey I am on.  Grateful for phone calls from our son, texts from our 3 girls and family.  Grateful for YouTube videos that make it possible for us to see some of our family at church on Sundays.  Grateful for walking and an area to walk in.  Grateful for prayers, emails, my texting family group, and so much more. 

Enjoy your weekend~ 



No comments: