Saturday, May 30, 2020

Saturday: Heaven's Heartbeat

Papa..........Papa God?  Can I come sit on your lap and will You just hold me close?  I know you will.  As I lean my head against your chest will you quiet my rapid heart while I listen to the beating of the heart of your Spirit realm.  A Heavenly pulse is needed at this time to keep a steady firm beat in this chaotic moment.  Let me listen to Your rhythm, Your Voice, and what You are saying as I come to you.


"The moment we get tired in the waiting, 
God's Spirit is right along side,  helping us. 
If we don't know how or what to pray it doesn't matter.
 He does our praying in and for us, 
making prayer out of our wordless sighs,
 our aching groans."  

Romans 8:26  
The Message


Sighs come forth as I rest against you.  Sighs of relief and sighs of weeping and mourning.  You tell us in Your Word that when we don't know what to pray, Your Spirit prays for us.  We need that Papa God.  We need Your Spirit to intercede for us, for our families, for our cities, our country, our world.

I am worried, Papa....I am more than worried, I am scared for our children.  For your children.  I am especially worried for our sons.  Your sons.  Our son you created as a black man, who lives in the Minneapolis suburbs.  A man who loves You and wants the best for his own son.  He is especially feeling the pain, the frustration, the chaos.  Hold him close and let Him rest against You. And our son You created as a white man with a calling on his heart to be a police officer.  A man dedicated to serve and protect his community, and now seen by many as the enemy.  Hold him close and let Him rest against you. Shield them both.

Papa, so many people in our country are divided, so broken.  Divided politically, religiously, racially, financially, and in ways I can't even comprehend.  We have all contributed to this mess, and for that I repent, Papa.  Show me the way to go.  When I rest in Your arms, it smooths the edges, and gives me hope.  We need hope Papa.....we need You.  Let me rest in Your arms, yet a little longer.  Let us all rest in your arms as we hear the heartbeat of Heaven and seek Your kingdom here on earth. 

No comments: