Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sonshine and Light


My husband Joel took this photo in our backyard. I absolutely love the way the sun is shining on the leaves of this bush. Even though it is surrounded by shade and darkness, the sunshine finds a way through, and the bush is thriving!
It reminds me of our own lives. In our sin, there is darkness that covers us, but God's Sonshine comes through. Jesus tells us in the book of John, "I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Accepting Jesus as our Savior brings us out of the darkness and into the light! It is so simple, yet so profound. Like this beautiful bush in the photo, even when darkness surrounds us, Jesus finds us and by His light we flourish.

7 comments:

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

What a beautiful picture & a beautiful illustration of what Jesus has done for us ! Thanks so much for sharing .
Blessings,
~Myrna

Joan Hall said...

This is absolutely beautiful.

Blessings,
Joan

Dominique said...

First of all, Love the new look!

Secondly, I needed this post today. I am that bush that is needing some sonshine!

That's a great photo. It has always amazed me how plants will bend, twist, reach, whatever to get to the light. Hmmm...might be a message that!

Hope you appointment went well and you are feeling better.

Renee said...

Hi Myrna
Thanks for your comments! God bless.

Renee said...

Hi Myrna
Thanks for your comments! God bless.

Renee said...

Hi Joan....thanks so much...God bless.

Renee said...

Hi Dominique
I am trying out new templates....just was not crazy about the last ones.
Glad you found this of help today!

Hugs!