Wednesday, December 15, 2010

In Faithfulness

I watched Joyce Meyer early this morning before I even got out of bed. I find that God often has a thing or two to tell me through her words. Today the words hard, stay, and go were resonating in my foggy head. They came alive for me because I have been struggling with finding a situation here very had to deal with...and my first response is to "go". To leave it behind. Besides this challenge, we are getting ready for early retirement, and find the process to slow for our liking. At times it is hard to remember that God has a plan for us...a plan with His perfect timing.

In our faithfulness to God, we are able to wait for His plan to unfold and not force things to move at our pace, but boy I find that hard at times. I keep asking God through my actions and my words..."NOW Lord? Is it time now?" Like an small child waiting for Christmas morning, who continually asks her parents..."Is it Christmas yet?", I go to God daily and ask...."Is it time yet?".

During the Advent season we learn the meaning of waiting ~ waiting for the right time for our Savior. Waiting for the birth of a baby that would save the world. Waiting for Christmas. With this in mind, I can apply the same process to our future. Waiting for the right time...the right place. Joyce Meyer spoke today about being faithful and trusting God to tell us when it is time to go and time to stay and I am so glad I opened my eyes early to listen. In faithfulness I can trust our Lord with today...and tomorrow. He loved us so much he sent His son to die for our sins, His love never ends and neither will His guidance.

"For I know the plans I have for you' says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11
NLT

1 comment:

Karen said...

Ahhh, Renee - I have problems with this. Just want to get ahead of the Lord sometimes. His plans are so far above mine and He is working it all for my good - if I just seek Him. Thanks for the reminder.