Monday, May 7, 2018

He Sent His Word


A few weeks ago I woke up at 4 a.m. to God saying, "You need to pray scriptures over Joel's body."  I shared this with Joel the next morning, but at the time he was doing fine and I am sorry to say we let it go by.  Until......

A few days later Joel asked me to pray for his hand.  It was really hurting and was very painful, even to touch.  I prayed and the pain increased.  I prayed again and it seemed to increase even more.  We continued to pray over it but right before bed Joel declared, "Tomorrow it will be gone!"  A few minutes later he asked me to look at his hand and I could see the thumb and palm area were really swollen.  What in the world?

The next morning his hand was back to normal, but by that night his hips hurt......and then his shoulder.  His hips hurt so bad he was coming downstairs in the middle of the night to sleep in the recliner.  We kept praying, but it was not until his shoulder became painful that I remembered what God had told me in the middle of the night.  "Pray scriptures over Joel's body".  So, we began to do so.  Morning and night we prayed.....'It is written........by His stripes we were healed. It is written.....Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own  understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.  Indeed, fear God and stay away from evil.  Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones."  It is written....... It is written.......

I continued to pray several scriptures regarding healing and the power of the Word over Joel and he joined in. Morning and evening we prayed over his body as God had instructed.   As of now the pain in his shoulder is 90% gone and his hips have improved greatly too.  The hand is good.  We are praising God while continuing to speak scriptures.

According to the Bible, God's Word is living and powerful, sharper than "any two edge sword".  We read in Deuteronomy,  "He (God) sent His Word and healed them and delivered them from the pit."  His Word.  So powerful.  How great is that?!

                        

Jesus used scriptures to come against the enemy when He was tempted in the wilderness.  "It is written" is how he responded to every temptation.  He knew God's Word is powerful and He set an example for us when the enemy comes to "kill, steal, and destroy."

One of my favorite verses that speaks to the power of God's Word is found in Proverbs 4: 20-23

"My child, pay attention to what I say.  
Don't lose sight of my words, 
let them penetrate deep into your heart.  
For they bring life to those who find them 
and healing to all their flesh.  
Above all I else guard your heart 
for everything you do flows from it."

I just love that God, the Creator of everything including words, chooses to impregnate His scriptures with power and healing.  And I love it that God expands our own faith in Him by asking us to step out in obedience and pray in new ways.  Remembering, there is power in His Words.

No comments: