Saturday, February 18, 2023

Saturday's Scribbles

Good Saturday to you on this third weekend in February.  This week we had one day of rain...steady.....and then a bit of snow later in the week.  Will be close to 40 again today.  The world around us is stark and black, white, and brown in color.  The river below is full.  The animals are still mostly quiet except for a few squirrels and deer.  Of course I wouldn't know what moves around at night.........I am never out at night!  When I start getting ready for bed at 9 there is not much time for "partying" before that!  Ha

Speaking of partying, our son Mark turned 48 this week.  We have spent time thinking back on how he came to our family ~ I wrote about it on Facebook~ and we are so thankful for this soon to be 50 son of ours.  Where does the time go?  It can't have always been easy for him to be in our family where his dad served mostly rural or small town churches and there would be so few if any people who were not white. With his beautiful skin and afro hair he stood out for sure.  I remember once an elderly woman in church reached over the pew and patted his hair.  At age 3 he turned around and looked at her and said, "Yes, my hair is curly, and I am black, too!"  A woman who was curious on how his hair felt!  Seriously, though, racism did raise it's ugly head at time with our beautiful family.  I am not sure much has changed.

On a lighter note, has anyone heard anything about the Asbury (University) Revival going on at a Kentucky non-denominational college campus?  It's all over social media and has caught my attention for sure.  I have watched the live stream a couple of days and it is exciting to see so many youth seeking more of God.  Busses have come with kids and staff from many other universities, people are driving and flying there from across the country and out of country?  Wow....Bless them all Lord!

My eye saga continues.  Pain led me to using a pain medication which is taking awhile to take affect.  We are talking about eye removal and where to go for that.  What do I want?  Relief.

February also brings with it an AA birthday for my mom.  She celebrated 35 years of sobriety before dying at the age of 92.  So proud of her courage and determination.  If she was alive I would  not be speaking of this...it would her story to share, but for anyone who may have a family member or themselves are struggles with addiction, it is possible to live a full and healthy life again.  

Not much going on this past week....seeing a retina dr got me out the door.  Shopping for groceries.... Otherwise I made Joel cookies, cleaned a couple of bathrooms, and and cooked a few meals.  Seriously, just day to day while managing the drama.  One of the highlights of the week was talking to my sister Jan for an hour and my friend Katherine who blessed me with some powerful prayer time.  She is on fire for the Lord and I sure miss giving her an in person hug! 

Hope you had a good Valentine's Day~!  So thankful Joel and I have had 56 February 14th celebrations together!  So blessed!!!

We have kept up with our Bible listening and I have not found Numbers anymore exciting than Leviticus....except for the talking donkey!!   The supernatural power of God at work!   The book of Mark which we listen to daily also, has much to say!  We listen to the weekly podcast too which gives us a better understanding of what we are reading.  It has actually been fun to get into this!

Best close this scribbles.........We are grateful for the continual help and guidance from God with my eye.  Gratefu for what we are learning about the Bible.....Never too old to learn more~  Grateful for my mom and the years we had with her.  Grateful for laughing with my sister Jan. Grateful for praying with Katherine.  Grateful for this Asbury Revival and what it is stirring up.  Grateful for our son Mark and his 48 years of life. Grateful for a great phone call with him.   For celebrating 56 Valentine Days with Joel.   Grateful for texts, emails, packages that arrive in the mail, phone calls, and so much more...

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: