Thursday, April 23, 2009

Giving Thanks This Thursday

It is a beautiful day here with sunshine and unusually warm temperatures. The grass is green and tulips and crocus are lifting their heads up in praise. I just stopped over to Debi's site,
Who Says Eight Is Enough and enjoyed looking at the photos of her family. It reminded me of the many blessings in our own. We have raised 7 children to adulthood and three in-laws have enriched our family. We now have oodles of grandchildren that bring us great joy. We have 2 birth and 5 adopted children, making our family multiracial and international. As in all families, sadness has touched us more than once. Our 3rd son died of congestive heart failure when a virus attacked his heart. He was only 25. Our 4th son was adopted at age 7, diagnosed as a child without a conscious at age 13 and as a sociopath at 18. Due to his violent behavior he is "estranged" from the family. The rest of our children are doing well and raising their own children to know Jesus as their Savior~ they are good, loving, faith-filled people...what more could I ask for??!!??

This Thankful Thursday I am praising God for the many family blessings in my life. For each and every one of our children, in-laws, and grandchildren and what they have taught us about living a life of faith.

6 comments:

Meli n Pat said...

You have a beautiful family!

Pia said...

you have a beautiful family renee. you're blessed. i ask God to bless you more. (((HUGS)))

Renee said...

thank you Meli!!

Renee said...

Thank you Pia~ I am praying for you and your husband too.

Jan Lyn said...

I love getting a glimpse at your family Renee and I love your heart attitude to be able to look at and be thankful for what you have in them, though you've experienced loss and pain as well. We have in our little family too and I'm just really learning to get beyond some of it and count my blessings more. I think I can do that a bit better now than a year or so ago. Thanks for your example.
Jan Lyn

Renee said...

You are welcome, Jan Lyn...it is a process I think and God often sends us reminders to be thankful and grateful. Seems like I am always falling short but God is loving!