Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Regular Monsoon

I have not been here much lately. I apologize for that...to you readers and to God, who gave me the gift of writing to use for His glory.  Today I write from a place of transparency.  Life is not always a bed of roses, which everyone knows if they live for any length of time!  Today I share with you from my heart.....and ask for prayers for Joel and myself, and for those I will list at the end of my post.  Storms are raging in the lives of many.......but Jesus can calm the storm. 
           ~~~~~~

The sun is shining, the sky is clear but it is storming here. It is raining hard. The house is warm, the windows are closed, but it is storming inside our abode. It is raining in sheets. A regular monsoon.

Joel and I are both feeling the storms...soaked and chilled to the bone by the heavy rain. We are hunkered down, subdued, worried and trying not to be. I am exhausted.....so very very tired. So weary. I want to ask the same old questions that come to me too often of late.....the "whys" and "hows" that reverberate in the air and are never answered to my satisfaction.  I remember the words....

LIFE is not about waiting for the storms to pass,
it is learning how to DANCE in the rain.
~~~~

We are trying Lord.
Please pray for others in the midst of storms:
Georgia who is having heart problems again.
Leon and Marilyn~ Leon's cancer spreading and Marilyn is having heart problems
Ruby Grace~ in need of several surgeries from hydrocephalus and healing from a PICC line that was misplaced
Linda~ healing from flu and needing a new caregiver and place to live
Rose~ in need of a special wheelchair so she can get outside
Autumn~ brain tumor
T and L ~ healing from divorce
Hear our Prayers O Lord....Jehovah Rapha
In Jesus name
Amen 

2 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Dear Renee,Thank you for baring your heart to us; it is when we are weak He can be our strength-often that strengthening comes through His children. Echoing your prayers for each of these.
Sending love your way today.
Noreen

Joan Hall said...

Renee - sometimes it is hard to see past those storms. I like what you said, "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Lifting you up in prayer.