Monday, October 16, 2017

He's In The Waiting



Another giant surfaced and was slain for me today.  At my yearly exam last week the doctor suggested I be checked by a dermatologist for an autoimmune skin disorder.  I got in right away on a cancellation and went the next morning.  To my surprise she took two biopsies as I lay in that awkward position that only women understand.  One to see what kind of skin disorder I was dealing with and the other to see if one spot was skin cancer. The doctor's demeanor, concern and actions were hard to ignore.  The word cancer sounded so loud and ugly.

I just kept thinking, "not again....not again."  Throughout the week I made an effort to keep my eyes on Jesus, with worship songs and promises.  I listened to the recording of the prophetic words spoken to us at Bethel, over and over.  I reminded myself of God's faithfulness throughout the days.  There were moments when fear still wanted to rise up and take my breath away as it brought to mind worst case scenarios. 

So hearing from the doctor today, 4 days early,  that it was NOT cancer....that it was benign......brought both physical and emotional relief.  A giant of what if's was taken down. 

I have never doubted God's faithfulness.  I have countless memories of Him walking with me, with us through trials. We have faced plenty of giants in our 49 years together.  I just could not muster up the courage to face one more. And the waiting was so hard. 

A song from Bethel music kept coming to mind..........."He's in the waiting......He's in the waiting."



In the waiting, I gave thanks for all the good reports last week....mammogram clear, eyes good ~ pressure down lower and visual test improved.  Blood work good, melanoma check good!  Yeah, lots of doctor appointments.  In the waiting I remembered the victories in Him.  It helped keep the giant from looking so powerful.

Joyce Meyer spoke in her devotional today about how David killed the giant, Goliath.  In 1 Samuel David talked about the Lord delivering him from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear.  He knew he would deliver him from the hand of Goliath too.  He looked back at the faithfulness of God and remembered. 

Max Lucado wrote about David and Goliath in his book, "Facing Your Giants".  A study we are doing for our group also is talking about David.  He so often praised God for showing up in his life.  Lucado says:  "Focus on your giants and you stumble.  Focus on God~ your giants tumble."

While I lay in that awkward position that day I was truthfully numb with fear.  Too many biopsies and too many surgeries were on my mind.  What I needed to remember was the many victories through Jesus!  And, as strange as it sounds,  it came to me during this procedure, that it was time to write the book. 

Holy had been speaking to me over the past two years to write a book.  I asked Him what I would write about and why?  Why?  God spoke clearly to me about Joshua's story of building an altar after the Jordan river stopped flowing and they were able to walk into the promised land.  The altar was to be a reminder of God's faithfulness.  Holy told me that each story I write will be part of the altar built to God's faithfulness.  A legacy for our grandchildren and great grands to come.  I still put it off............until last Tuesday night when I made the choice to walk in obedience.

We all have giants we face, whether in body, soul, or spirit.  We never face them alone, but sometimes that giant seems so big, and never so much as when we are waiting.....for a breakthrough...for a test result....for financial help.....for healing.  It is during these times that we make the effort to remember His faithfulness.  Like the song says..........we are never alone ~ He's in the waiting!

6 comments:

Breathing In Grace said...

Oh, sweet Lady, I'm praising the Lord for His faithfulness and grace and mercy. So grateful for such a good report...NO CANCER. What sweet words! I've felt a tug to write a devotional for quite some time, but a man at our church shot down my dreams several years ago and I put it on the back burner. Maybe reading about your obedience is the Lord prompting me once again. Prayers will be said about that....and for you as you step out in your own obedience and write your book. I'm so looking forward to reading it. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me such words of encouragement, something we all need from time to time! HOPE the rest of your week is chock full of more and more blessings!

NanaNor's said...

Dearest Renee, I say AMEN and AMEN to your post. So thankful for your reports and also that you were steadfast to keep your eyes on Him. I keep remembering two and a half years ago now when I had my surgery-how frightened I was until I found Kristine's song-It is well. I sang that again and again. When we declare that we trust in Him, regardless of what we face, peace transcends our trails.
Thank you for sharing.
Love,
Noreen

Carol W. said...

Praise God that you got a good health report!! God bless you!

Renee said...

Thank you Carol W! We are so thankful....

Renee said...

Hi Debbie
Thanks for coming by and for your support. We are pretty relieved here. As far as your book.....don't let what one person says stop you from writing if God is guiding you. I was always thinking I'm not that good a writer, but we need to stop listening to the lies of the enemy. Write it for you...for your family....if no one else. Tell your story!

Renee said...

Hi Noreen
THanks for coming by...... Our time at Bethel was life changing in so many ways. I did not "see" anymore physical healing manifest except energy! AND less anxiety which is big. I wrote about some things here under Our Bethel Adventure. I would go back tomorrow if we could! I felt so relaxed and free there.....just to be me. I hope you can go sometime!