Monday, December 17, 2018

A Difficult Journey

Last Wednesday I went in for surgery to take out kidney stones that were too large to be removed any other way. It did not go well and the surgery failed. The first procedure was to take 15 minutes to an hour and took two and a half hours. The surgery itself failed because the kidney became so inflamed and what needed to be done could not be done. I lost a lot of blood, I could not even keep down water and spent two days vomiting. . I became dehydrated iand my veins kept collapsing, and I could not eat or drink.

It is been a difficult few days. We are giving thanks that I am now home as of late Friday night, and we are seeing progress.  I am eating and drinking, not throwing up, and I'm able to work on gaining strength. I have been grateful for everyone's prayers, knowing they sustained me through this difficult Journey. I have much to share with how God showed up in other people and even how we were able to be a comfort to some who were suffering themselves. For now I rest and I ask for your continued prayers. It's a season to remember and give thanks to our Lord for his goodness, in sending his son. Where would we be without Jesus!

1 comment:

Mom Of Many said...

I'm so sorry Renee that what should have been "simple" was anything but! I pray for your continued healing - you have too much to share that hasn't been heard! Keep fighting and we will hold your arms up with prayer. I love you friend! xoxoxox