Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Expectations In The What If's

Expectation.  Positive speculation.   Affirmations of a renewed mind.  So, how do we know we have the renewed mind that the Bible talks about in Romans?  When our minds do not go to the worst case scenario as "what ifs" invade our thought process.  When we have expectations for a good outcome......when our speculations are for good and not evil.  Pastor Kris Vallotton shared in a recent sermon how he suffered from a nervous breakdown six years ago that left him sofa bound and unable to function well for over six months.  He had physically burned out from his travels and ministry and his body shut down.  God walked with him through the healing process, helping him fight for wholeness.  During this season of winter he began to study neuroscience and how the brain works in relation to the Bible's instructions to renew our minds. God knows how important it is for us to have hope.  How important it is to rely and God's promises.



It all relates to my present situation and the difficulty I have in not seeing the worst case scenarios that want to play out in my mind.  I am in a tough place.  The reality of my health concerns seems so big.  The eye injections are not yet helping my left eye.  I need kidney surgery again soon to remove the large stones in my rt kidney.  I am dealing with stage 3 breast cancer and the treatments are causing me to struggle on a daily basis physically and emotionally.   I can easily feel and see myself being knocked around by what the enemy has thrown my way.  There are days I just want to cover my head or lose myself in Netflix.  There are days I do just that.

But God.

There is a scripture that comes to mind.......2 Corinthians 4: 8-10 NLT

"We are hard pressed on every side by troubles, 
but we are not crushed.  
We are perplexed but not driven to despair.  
We are hunted down but never abandoned by God.  
We get knocked down but not destroyed.  
Through suffering our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus
 so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies."

Yeah.  hard pressed, perplexed, persecuted, abandoned, struck down.  In all honesty it is how I feel now way too often.  But what do I KNOW?

I know God is fighting for me.  (For Us All)  Every day is filled with opportunities to see His goodness.  I have lost count of the many times I have received the same scripture......The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still." I know my posts have been relentless in this message......I have needed it and I expect some of you do too.

God has promised to fight for me, for us.  Because He loves me.....He loves you.  Expect it!  He truly is so much bigger than anything we face in life.  During this Christmas season, we have an opportunity to focus on the baby born in a manger.  Born to bring us salvation and healing. Born to love us.  Born to fight for us. This is what we know.  Open the scriptures and hold tight to His promises......Born is the King of Israel!  Our King.  Our King who fights for us!


1 comment:

NanaNor's said...

Dearest Renee, Such power in your edifications to us. You are such a witness and He is glorified in your life. Praying for you dear one.
Love and prayers,
Noreen