Sunday, February 3, 2019

It Is A Privilege



It is Sunday morning and once again I am worshiping from my living room.  I pray for and kiss my hubby good-bye early in the morning as he goes off to serve at two churches, while I sit at home wishing I was going with him. I miss it.  Worship with others.  Gathering together in His Presence!

 Sunday mornings we have the privilege to pick up our Bibles, head out the door and gather together in public to worship our Lord and Savior.  This is truly a privilege.  Look how many people around the world have to gather in secret, risking imprisonment or death.  We have the freedom in America to worship.  I think of our dear friends, Linny and Dw who drive nearly 40 miles across Phoenix to worship at a church that welcomes with open arms children with special needs.  There is a church for everyone of us ........if you find your church uninviting, or not meeting your needs, seek out a place that excites you! 

I spent years fighting Lyme Disease, often sofa bound, isolated in my home and unable to go out into the world.  I would have given anything to be able to get up on Sunday mornings and head to worship in a church, sitting in a pew, surrounded by others who love the Lord.  I don't think I could ever take that for granted again. Sadly, here I am unable to go to church......needing to avoid exposures to sickness, but also just not strong enough many days.  I look forward to getting back to Sunday morning worship!  It. is. a. privilege. 

It is a privilege.  Sunday morning worship! Gathering with others, united in Christ. Let us never take it for granted.   It is a privilege.


1 comment:

Jan said...

So true my dear sister!! 💕☦️