Saturday, August 8, 2020

Saturday's Scribbles


Good Saturday to you!  After several days of gorgeous fall like weather, we are back to hot and sticky as we begin the second week of August.  Changes are a coming!  We can see it in the way the flowers are blooming and the way the grass is shifting it's growth pattern.  We are hoping for a long fall this year and a short winter.  A girl can dream, right?

Speaking of dreaming, pull up a chair, grab a cup of your favorite morning drink, and lets chat awhile.  Has anyone else found their dreams seem to reflect the chaos of our world?  Mine sure do!  I do have a lot of "medical" dreams, and then there are those where I need to defend someone I love or myself cuz safety is an issue.  Come to think of it, my dreams are often closer to being nightmares, certainly not happy and fun.  Hmmmm   better get right on that with prayer!  I also talk out loud in my dreams.  Joel does too.  At least we are not talking and answering each other while we are sleeping!

Speaking of talking, do any of you talk out loud to yourself or just to the universe in general when no one else is around?  I find I do it quite often while working on puzzles!  When we had a dog I had an excuse ~ just talking to the dog, right?  But now............  I thought it was happening with age, but our middle daughter tells me I have been talking out loud since she can remember.  She says I told her, "I am just consulting with myself" when she would ask me who I was talking to!  Ha!  I guess I could blame my puzzle talking on what is going on in the world.  And right now it would be a toss up to pick and choose one thing since everything seems to still be hitting the fan, excuse my language.

Speaking of the everything, sometimes I find myself wondering if "the end is near" and Christ is returning  as I hear some question the possibility (including Max Lucado). I really have never thought about it, just figuring when it happens it happens, no one can predict it.  Yet the world is weeping isn't it.  With Covid, with the political spirit, with the chaos on our streets, racism in hearts, in Beirut with the 3rd biggest explosion ever in the world happening there.  Add to that the personal battles people are going through, the loss of businesses, finances, jobs, health, family members and friends.  Maybe it would be a good time for Jesus to come!

Speaking of that, have you thought much about what Heaven will be like?  Will it be Heaven on earth?  Will we have things to do and places to go.  Will purpose still define us?  Will we get to eat in heaven~ just saying~ I always like to declare that when I get to Heaven I am going to work in the bakery so I can have at my fingertips all the delicious treats I have not been able to indulge in for decades!  Do you think there will be marriage in Heaven?  My hubby likes to tease me with the idea that the Bible says no marriage.  I tell him that is not acceptable as I plan on being his wife for all eternity.  He tells me I won't care since I will be in Heaven and I tell him, oh I am sure I will care!  He is stuck with me!  I know that Heaven is a wonderful place and we will be filled with happiness there and so maybe we need to ask ourselves what makes us happy?  Your pets?  Your spouse?  Your family?  Your cabin?  Your love of food or books or sports........I am just thinking it will be a grand place beyond our imagination where we feast with our Lord, laugh with the angels, walk and talk with Jesus and dance and sing with Holy Spirit!  Just imagine.........

Speaking of imagining, did anyone see the video this week of the little girl whose dad was talking to her and asking her questions about donuts.  Her dad tells here he heard that robbers were stealing peoples donuts....she acts surprised,  responding appropriately to people losing their donuts to robbers.....and then suddenly asks him, "Am I the robber?"  She goes on to say that she doesn't steal anyone's donuts but her own! I'm thinking dad was trying to give her space to "confess"......

On Wednesday my hairdresser came to the house and cut my hair in our garage!  We set things up and we both wore masks and I finally am back to having a hairstyle again. Nice.  It was my first cut in a year.  I started chemo the end of August last year and had no hair for a very long time.  At the same time we had treetrimmers here removing a lot of dead branches high in the trees and some over our roof and the neighbor's yard.  Four hours and a lot of moolah later, all looks good.  Sadly we lost some of our shade over the house in the back, but it had to be done!  So Wednesday was a hair and tree trimming day!

Yesterday Joel and I headed to Target, my first adventure there since early April.  I kept my hands to myself, social distanced and observed people.  Grateful I was strong enough again to go there.  I am not a shopper anymore, so it was nice to see other people, or at least there eyes.....and I was happy they were not wearing white coats as that seems to be the only places I go.  I told Joel that I can tell I have been wearing masks a while since I now try to match or blend the mask I am wearing to the clothes I have on.  Not kidding.  Of course a black mask would cover it all but what fun would that be.  We actually have lime green matching masks from our insurance company.......flowered masks for me and a denim looking one for Joel, one with motorcycles on it and another with pink breast cancer ribbons.  Oh, yeah, we are stylin'!!

We are enjoying the Frankie Drake Mysteries on PBS, catching up on season 1 and 2.  Joel is still biking, working on projects, and getting his book cover laid out.  I am able to walk a bit, cook and clean a bit, work on the latest 1,000 piece puzzle, and read while horizontal.  Still finding creative ways to use blueberries..........making a tart today! Thursday we Zoomed with our oldest and their family from 4 locations, and tomorrow we will connect with another.  

I expect you are done with your coffee and ready to move on from our chat.  Before you go, what have you been doing this week?  What is on your grateful list?

Speaking of grateful, we are thankful for A/C, a good washer and dryer, newly trimmed trees that keep our roof safe, a puzzle, TV distractions, masks, blueberry tarts, Zoom, phone calls and texting, better days, a hair cut, trees trimmed, laughter, prayer, and all of our family and friends around the country.  

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: