Saturday, May 20, 2023

Saturday's Scribbles

Good Saturday to you from a beautiful May day in northern Iowa.  I can here our resident wren singing outside and a cardinal trilling its distinct sound in the backyard.  I love this time of year.  It is a balmy 70 degrees with little wind and dry air.  Joel is off riding.  A perfect day for it.

We watched our granddaughter A. graduate from college today, Un. of Wisc. Eau Claire.  She is interviewing for jobs within her duel degrees....Early Elementary and Special Education.  So proud.  In 2 weeks another granddaughter graduates from H.S. and last week another graduated with a Doctor degree in Pharmacy.  So great to be able to watch the two college ceremonies online live stream.  Amazing!

This has been another roller coaster ride of a week.  After 11 days without hardly any pain, the pain returned Tuesday morning and we are back to tiptoeing around the affects it has on my body.  The Fellow at Mayo called Wed, and talked about the idea of it being "referred pain", and I heard from my surgeon's medical secretary Thursday.    I see the surgeon next Thursday and hope by then that things have settled again.  Really getting old! BUT the eye looks good on the outside AND the pain was 90% gone for 11 days so it will leave again!  Thank you Jesus!

Speaking of thanking you Jesus, we are so grateful for His continued Presence in our lives.  I was quietly praying the other day and I "saw" myself wearing  white armor.  When I looked closely it was made of white feathers. (feathers hold special meaning for me).  I was carrying a large sword that glimmered blue.  I thought I would be fighting another battle but I took the sword and stuck it hard into the ground. I heard the words, "Stand firm" and then saw myself doing so.  I then saw the word BELIEVE float up in the air.  I asked Jesus if the word TRUST would be next and then saw it engraved in the blade of the sword.  I looked around and felt like I was standing alone....... then I heard, "You think you are alone, but you are not".  Yes, God is with us always...in every battle...in every celebration....in every moment.  So grateful this reminder came to me.....

I have not accomplished much this week but getting through it.  And that's okay even though it does not feel that way.  "Some days are diamonds....some days are stones"....(John Denver) and we are blessed to be able to experience life in all of them.  I did walk daily.....I helped with meals, cleaned bathrooms, napped, rested, listened to audio books, watched TV talked on the phone.  Yeah....just an ordinary week except for the pain, extra rests needed, and stubborn determination to get through it.  Haha

Grateful today for these grands of ours doing so well.  For graduations, for jobs, for their whole lives ahead of them..  Yes, so grateful.  Grateful for Drs. who make phone calls, for wrens and cardinals that sing and chatter.  Grateful for livestreams, for laughter, tears, and everything in-between.  Grateful for routines, resting, and again, everything in-between!  Ha....  Grateful for prayers, phone calls, texts, emails, and so much more.

Enjoy your weekend~!



No comments: