Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Good Attitude

"Attitude is your thought life turned inside out."

Joyce Meyer

Today I started my morning by listening to Joyce Meyer speak about the importance of maintaining a good attitude. I have to confess that too often my inner thoughts dwell on what I am worrying about. Being often alone and homebound, I can find myself struggling with negative thoughts or dwelling on how I am feeling. If someone were to ask, I would say I have a good attitude most of the time....but Joyce Meyer's quote above gave me pause. Does my attitude reflect my inner struggle with worry?

I chuckled when she asked her audience what song was "theirs" of the four she named:


"Make the World Go Away"

"Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head"

"I'll Do It My Way"

"Oh, What A Beautiful Morning"


I could claim all four at different times in my life...sometimes all four in just one day! I expect we have all felt this way at some time or another. Ephesians 4:23 gives us an idea of how to keep an attitude of gratitude, no matter what comes our way. "Be constantly renewed in the spirit of our minds...." (Amplified). Yes, the Bible gives us the tools we need to be able maintain a good attitude. And with the renewal of our minds ~ including a positive attitude, we will be able to sing more about beautiful mornings than raindrops!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I think mine would be Make the World Go Away!LOL I need to do something about that, huh?

Fliterary said...

What a great way to have an attitude check since I love music. Sure makes me want to change my tune.

Thanks, Renee!

I'm praying for you and Joel,

Lisa

Renee said...

Thanks for coming by my blog, RL Scovens.

Renee said...

Thank you Lisa...for your encouragment and your prayers.

Jan Lyn said...

Oh, Joyce Meyers has a special knack of putting things straight out in a humorous way that holds my attention. This is a great illustration and I will admit to my tune being many or all on the same day as well....

Renee said...

Hi jan Lyn
Good to have you stop by...I do like how Joyce Meyer lays things out there pretty straight forward.
I read your pond post to Joel..he enjoyed it very much.
God bless

Lisa notes... said...

I listened to that message by Joyce, too. She always gives it to us straight, huh? I need those kind of messages. Thanks for sharing this.

Renee said...

Hi Lisa
Yes she does give it to us straight which for me is often necessary :)