Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday Thinking: I Am Blessed

So much to be thankful for here in my corner of the world. Unfortunately, my focus has been on an ongoing uterus problem which involved a enodometrial biopsy and ultrasound in December, progesterone treatment in January, and now a visit to a GYN, scheduled hystoscopy for Monday and the possibliblity of cancer due to the problem not resolving. When worry fills my mind, it is a good time to give thanks for the many blessings around me.

I am so grateful for God's guidance in this process. He has promised to be with me and not abandon me, to hear my prayers. The Bible guarantees we will have trials, but it also guarantees we will not be alone in them. I am very blessed that I can trust and follow God through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thank you God!


I am so grateful for my sweet husband Joel who is always there for me, encouraging, supporting, praying, calming, and loving me. How blessed I am to have him in my life. Thank you God!

I am so grateful for my loving family! Thank you God!


I am blessed to have a nice home, a cozy sofa sanctuary, and a warm wool comforter to soothe my body and mind on days like this. I am blessed to be near a good hospital with good doctors, and nurses that are well informed and compassionate. Thank you God!

I am very blessed to have the prayers of so many interceding for me. There is great power in prayer! Thank you God!

4 comments:

Fliterary said...

I'm praying for you, sweet friend, and laying you gently in God's loving, healing hands.

Renee said...

Thank you so much Lisa. My prayers are being lifted for you too at this time. We are both being held in God's loving arms...

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

Oh Renee,

I will certainly be covering you in prayer for peace and healing in the coming weeks.

I finally got a minute to visit your blog (thanks for your sweet comment on mine the other day). I just LOVE your site and your stories. So precious how God put you and your husband together.

The name "The Autumn Years" is so perfect. I've been thinking alot about the seasons in our lives and even wrote about it last week. May your autumn be glorious!

Blessings,
Kathie

Renee said...

Thank you Kathie for your prayers...it is a great comfort to be covered in prayer by others who love the Lord.
I will have to read your post on the seasons of life...
God bless.