Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's A New Day

I am writing about Thankful Thursday a little early this week!!


Recently I heard a quote I really like ~ "It is a great day because today I am a candidate for a miracle!" Everyday is a day filled with opportunities for miracles and I feel like I have been given one.


Monday the test results of my surgery biopsies came back and all were benign! The cancer was confined to the uterus lining and 20% of the tissue so I will not need radiation or chemo although I will see an oncologist to discuss the possibility of "preventive" radiation. We are so relieved and happy!


It has felt like we were camping out at the foot of a mountain unsure of what direction to take, but now we have all the information we need to move forward on the right path of my "recovery mountain". And we do not walk alone. God is with us, the health care providers, and all those we love and care about.


The prayers of so many have carried us through this last month. The doctor is surprised at how swiftly I am recovering, how little pain medication I needed, and how little reactions I had. There is only one answer ~ The POWER OF PRAYER and GOD"S GOODNESS! He has been in the details of every part of this journey.


I am giving thanks today for every single person who lifted me and Joel up in prayer. Giving thanks for every single detail of my journey with cancer that God has worked out to His perfection and timing. I am giving thanks for all I have learned and will continue to learn on this journey. I am giving thanks for the opportunity to heal and continue to share the love of Christ with others.

12 comments:

Jan Lyn said...

I'm giving thanks to God today as well and for you, Renee.

Blessed be the name of the Lord!

Andrea said...

AMEN...I am praising GOD and giving thanks with you.
Hugs, prayers, and blessings,
andrea

Renee said...

Hi Jan Lyn
Good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well? Thanks for your comments..

Renee said...

Hi Andrea
Thank you so much for your prayers and praise..

Lisa notes... said...

Praise God!!! That is great news, Renee. It's so wonderful to be reminded that we are all candidates for miracles. Glad to share in the rejoicing of your miracle.

Renee said...

Thanks Lisa!!! Yes, we are all candidates for miracles and they happen every day in so many many ways...

Mevely317 said...

Praise God ... from whom all blessings flow!!!
Thanks for sharing your glad tidings with us!

Fliterary said...

I'm praising God for the wonderful news and praying for your continued healing!

BIG blessings and cyber-hugs!

Renee said...

Thanks Mevley~ Yes Praise God!

Renee said...

Hi Lisa
Thanks for your encouragement and many prayers!!!

Joan Hall said...

Renee - Praising God along with you. I didn't participate in Thankful Thursday this week and I'm just getting around to visiting some of my favorite blogs today.

Blessings & Joy!

Joan

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for sharing. Praise the Lord that you are well.

I am praying for you.

God bless.