Friday, September 10, 2010

Extravagant Love

This past week I have been thinking about God's love and remembering the many times He has revealed it to me in powerful ways. I have been in awe of His guidance and grace in my life and the lives of those I hold close. After reading a post last week by one of the Spiritual Sunday bloggers, one phrase has been resonating in my mind. "We may not feel worthy of God's extravagant love, but He thinks we are!"

Isn't that amazing? Doesn't it feel beyond description to know that God, the Creator of this vast universe has a deep, abiding, and extravagant love for us?

He loves us so much He sacrificed His only Son, Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. He loves us so much He knows how many hairs are on our heads. He loves us so much He has written a book to guide our lives. He loves us so much He provides for all our needs and even knows what we need before we do.

When we realize how much God loves us it deepens our relationship with Him and empowers us to not only love and trust Him completely, but also truly love others as He commanded.

My friend Linny has a phrase she uses to describe God and I am going to borrow it to share it with you~ We serve a Miracle-working, Mountain-moving, Awe-inspiring, Gasp-giving God! How blessed we are to do so. How blessed we are to be loved by a Miracle-making, Mountain-moving, Awe-inspiring, Gasp-giving God!



**Stop by and visit Charlotte and Ginger at Spiritual Sundays to read inspirational posts or link up your own. http://www.bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! A wonderful post Renee. Blessings to you this weekend.

Fliterary said...

Love this post, Renee. Especially the, "Miracle-making, Mountain-moving, Awe-inspiring, Gasp-giving God!" Woo hoo a BIG AMEN!

Praying for you and sending a big cyber-hug!

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

What a great saying your friend has. It is over whelming for me to fathom how much our God loves us. Regardless, I except his love with all my heart.
Blessings,
Ginger

Anonymous said...

AMEN! Love the photo and scripture. Reminds me of our beaches here on Whidbey Island.
And that saying my your friend is great! Really enjoyed this post. Thanks and have a happy Spiritual Sunday :)

MTJ said...

Hi Renee,

This is an encouraging post that speaks to the infinite greatness of God. I am in total awe of the grace God gives me when I am so undeserving; and yet He gives more grace.

Thanks for sharing words of inspiration and encouragement.

Blessings and peace.

MTJ

Rhodema A. Cargill said...

I love Linny's colorful description. I'll have to borrow that attitude.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

His love amazes me.

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I love Linny's phrase...and your post made me feel really good. Hugs to you Renee. Have a great weekend ok. Sarah

Joan Hall said...

A wonderful post, Renee. Sometimes I wonder why He loves me so - especially in light of my shortcomings and mistakes. He loves us so and nothing can separate us from that love.

Blessings,
Joan

INSIDE THE SHRINK said...

The Apostle Paul's goal was for us to know the depths, breadth, and heighth of God's love. I think our finite minds are not capable of fully know it. It would so engulf us that we would be translated like Enoch. But He freely allows us to bask in His love to our heart's content, if we take the time to do it. We need that daily. Thanks for the inspiration and God bless you richly.-Bobbi

Lemon Lane Studio said...

Thank you, I needed that reminder today. God is good, indeed and he desires to be our Jaw-Dropping God! He is mighty to serve.
Blessings, Patty

Charlotte said...

I say "Amen" to this post too, Renee. It really is mind boggling when you think about how much God loves each one of us. I am reminded of this fact so beautifully each weekend when I visit the Spiritual Sunday people. Thank you being one of them.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Musings of A Minister said...

Amen and Amen! Great post. We do have a great God!!! You have a great friend with a great saying. That's a lot of GREAT isn't it? Thanks for posting.

Saleslady371 said...

You are right to remind us of God's supernatural love, Renee. We need to hear it often because this world can be so cruel. I'm embracing it with you!

Hugs,
Mary

Stephani Cochran said...

God's love has always been so hard for me to grasp! But I know he does, and I'm humbled by it.

Jocelyn said...

Beautiful post. Thank you for sharing. And thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog :-)

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Vintagesouthernlife said...

It is hard for me to grasp God's infinite love. I love your friend Linny's saying. Thank you for sharing. I'm going to keep that in my heart as a reminder.

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Rejoicing in His extravagant love with you today!

Sue said...

I love linny's phrase, just awesome.Thank you for sharing. I can never comprehend God's love for me.
Sue

Natasha in Oz said...

You and your dear friend are so right. We are indeed very lucky people.

Thanks for your beautiful words yesterday too Renee. It was quite special reading all of the sweet messages left by kind bloggers like yourself. Thank you!

Blessings and best wishes,
Natasha.

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Hello Renee, Yes how very very blessed we are..Love Crystal Mary