Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The You-And-I-Together Factor

This morning as my husband and I were having devotions, we read from Sarah Young's devotional, Jesus Calling.   One sentence stood out for me.  "It is this you-and-I-together factor that gives you confidence to face the day cheerfully."  Isn't that the truth!

Each day we wake up to another 24 hours to celebrate life.  Some days it just does not seem worth celebrating, other days our hearts burst with the joy of being alive.  The sun may be shining, or storms may be on the horizon.  At times the storms may be so loud and heavy over us that we wonder if they will ever end.  It is easy to feel we are alone.  Not so.  Whatever comes our way, we have the you-and-I (the I AM) together factor to get us through.

Yesterday I wrote an honest post about my journey the past few months.  It has been up and down physically and emotionally I have put myself through the gamut, choosing to worry, to focus on my circumstances, to try to get God to heal me my way and right now.  I am no longer in that dark place. I have come through the heavy depression I felt for the first time ever.  I am resting more in God's loving arms as I wake up each morning.  My resistance has turned to resting in Him.

One thing I am learning over and over is that I am not on my own.  Inviting Jesus into our thoughts as Jesus Calling says, gives us the best perspective.  What a precious gift that is ~ the you-and-I-together factor.

2 comments:

Joan Hall said...

I just read your yesterday post. So sorry you were suffering, but thankful for the Light you have been given today.

Elaine said...

God is good! All the time!!!!

I understand that dark and lonely place. Thankful that you are out of the worst of it and on your way to better days!!!!

Praying that your stomach will heal up soooooonnnnn!!

Blessings,
Elaine