Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday's Scribbles

It is a dark and rainy day here in our corner of the world with continual thunderstorms moving through.   The past few days have been beautiful, perfect weather so we certainly cannnot complain!  We have enjoyed a little porch sitting this week, but the mosquitoes can be annoying.

We purchased a few more plants to add to the front yard.  We found a beautiful Ivy Geranium for half price, and at the Farmer's Market we came across two unusual rusty orange/red day lilies.  We had been looking for two for the front garden and there they were, calling our name! Here is a picture of one of my favorite hanging plants this year...it came in a red metal pot.


Joel spent quit a bit of time this week writing out his healing story.  He also has been dealing with the aftermath of a second biking accident!  He re-opened the wounds on his arm, did more damage to his hip, took the skin off his knee and seems to have annoyed his lower back.  Sigh.....several people have suggested he get a recumbent three wheel bike or switch to walking but he is not ready for either one. Needless to say, I've been sending up a few extra prayers as he heads out the door.

I walked a mile 4 days this week.  Yay!  The other days I stuck to 22 minutes, so still a good amount of exercise for me.  Joel and I talked about a bike for me but after his accidents I am having second thoughts.  Walking is safer!

Last Sunday we went to a small Lutheran church in town and Monday my brother and his fiancé were here and stayed for supper along with my sister and BIL.  Joel is officiating at their wedding in August.  It will be an outdoor wedding in the town I grew up in, just an hour away.

I havc been going through all our photos....45 years worth~ plus pictures from our relatives that date way back.  It is fun to see all the kids and grandkids when they were little or look back at family members who are no longer with us, but it is also sad and makes us nostalgic.  Double edged sword.

Our son, DIL and grandkids are on vacation in NC.  With texting we have been able to see some fun pictures of their trip.  There is so much to love about technology.  My mom would have loved having texting and Skype.  I used to call my mom every week and catch up with each other..  In fact, she and I did the same crossroad puzzles, so we would share answers when stumped.  Usually I was the one needing help!  She would come spend a week or two with us every year whether we lived in Montana or Minnesota.    I still miss our conversations and her visits.

Speaking of conversations, on Thursday I called a friend from high school who just moved with her hubby to Mesa, Az.  They bought a house on an executive golf course  just 2 blocks from their daughter and grand kids.  The grand kids are over every day to swim or visit and they are loving it!
She invited us to stay if we ever get down that way.  I would love to spend a couple of weeks in AZ this coming winter.

I ordered a correspondence course from Charis Bible College on Healing that Joel and I have been watching and studying.  That has been great!  I have not read much this week, and TV has np been awful for the most part.

I really don't have much to share on this drab and rainy day.  What has been going on in your corner of the world?

Until next time............

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Wow, you guys sound like you're busy! And Joel, another fall?! :(

My corner of the world is hot and sunny. And I am finding myself reading a lot. I'm so thankful for the gift of books - learning so much.

GOD BLESS!