Thursday, August 2, 2018

A Little Country, A Little Rock and Roll

Anyone who knows me well knows that I am a little bit country, and a little bit rock and roll when it comes to the music that touches my heart.  Of course, number one for me is worship and praise music.  So when I can combine worship and praise with country or rock and roll, I am all in.

Lately I have been more than a little challenged by fear as I manage the strange moving strobe lights that appear in my vision when I am in any kind of bright light.   So, when in need of shifting my focus I put worship music on our Bose speaker (from the kids).



This song has been at the top of my list.  I can't seem to hear enough of it.  I told Joel I was   wondering how I could incorporate this song into my funeral when the times comes.  It is for freedom that Christ set us free!

Anyone else feel in need of a good reminder of God's faithfulness?  A reminder of the freedom we have in Jesus Christ, a reminder that victory is already ours.  Eternal life is ours as Christians. 

Each of us have our own kind of worship music that lifts our spirits and touches our souls.  It may be a hymn, a praise song from the 70's or a worship song from today's vast choice of Christian songs.  It all works.  Even when it is a little bit country or a little bit rock and roll.  T!he message is the same.  Jesus is with us, He is faithful, He died for us, He set us free!   Hallelujah !!



2 comments:

Corrinne said...

Thanks Renee. That is a beautiful song and know why you truly enjoy it. Thanks for sharing. We'll keep you in our prayers with your eye situation. No fun, I'm sure.

Renee said...

Thanks for your prayers..........Hugs Corrinne!