Tuesday, August 7, 2018

It Is Finished And Off



Today Joel sent his manuscript off to a publisher.  After years of work, months of revising, meetings with an editor/columnist who guided him in the process, and a lot of prayer, his book on his healing has been sent to a publisher.  It can take up to a few months for them to read and decide if they want to publish or not.  If they say no, he starts the process over again or self publishes.  We have no clue what is ahead, but out of obedience to God he moved forward to write, never thinking of himself as an author.  A preacher, yes, a teacher, yes, but a writer?  Not so much.  Yet God......

Joel's book is about his miraculous healing and what he has learned over the past 6 years regarding healing.  It is a story we want our family to remember for generations to come.  We both have taken quite a journey into the world of "God wants you well."  Joel's journey was amazing, as you who read my blog know.  He was healed in the middle of the night from 9 different conditions or diseases.  Doctor confirmed.  Thank you Jesus.

My journey to healing has not been an overnight miracle.  The Lyme and 3 co-infections died, the MCS is gone, the CFS does not control me any longer and an endocrinologist at Mayo told me I did not need thyroid medication after having been on it 27 years.  Yeah.  I had a long time large cyst disappear from my leg, and I have had energy return,, demonic spirits lifted off,. (Yeah, that is real.)  And I have survived three kinds of cancer thanks to the medical world. I keep fighting for complete and full healing because I believe that is what God wants for His kids.

I do have to say that this latest thing with my eye and the strobe lights has caused me to have major anxiety at times as I cope with the fireworks my eyes are producing in response to the retina issues.  There are times I have paused with weariness and wanted to give up.  And then I go back to what I know to be true.  What I have read in the pages of Joel's manuscript, what God's Word tells me.  And I cannot stop fighting.  Sometimes I rest, sometimes I weep, sometimes I rejoice in the circumstances,and I remember that God is faithful and He is good.  I remember that I am still here.  I remind myself that Jesus wants me to have abundant life and is with me.

Joel's story needs to be heard.  So does mine, which is why I have a chapter in the book too.    I know from experience that there are many who receive a miracle or partial healing and more who press in for the long haul to receive their healing. There is mystery and grace in it, and no answer to the whys of it all, but that does not change what God's Word says about healing.

We sent Joel's manuscript off on the Internet with a wing and a prayer today.  God often calls us to do the impossible.  I have heard it said if you can do what you are called to do on your own, you are not thinking big enough.  Joel could not have written this book without God's leading.  It is a new beginning for him and for that we are so grateful.    A new adventure with God in this season of His life.  We rejoice today ~ It is finished and off!

No comments: