Tuesday, January 22, 2019

A 4 AM Wake Up Call!


It was seven years ago this week, in the early morning hours of January 24th that my sweet husband was completely, divinely, miraculously healed.  We had watched a evangelist from Colorado speak on healing the night before.  We don't agree with all this man teaches, but his words on God wanting us well resonated within and were Biblically sound. Joel went to bed that night speaking to Lyme Disease and commanding it die in Jesus name.  He woke at 4am, sat up in bed and said, "I am healed!".  (The affirmation that followed was not something he had ever desired......he spoke in tongues.  God blessed him right then and there with a prayer language.) 

Joel was healed instantly from Lyme and the co-infections Bartonella and Babesia.  He was healed of arthritis.  He was healed of thyroid disease.  The "Pre-parkinson's" symptoms he was experiencing completely left.  He eventually was healed from sleep apnea and recurrent corneal erosion of his eyes.  The fatigue left completely.  A doctor verified all these miraculous changes a couple of months later. He was healed by prayer.  Thank you Jesus!

Needless to say, this put us on a journey to my own healing from Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia, and Ehrlichia.  I was healed of thyroid disease and no longer needed meds after 27 years.  The MCS and CFS improved over a few months and then were gone.  My healing was not instant, but a process.Our journey continued as we studied the scriptures and read everything we could on healing.

We celebrate Joel's healing every year by sharing his story and giving GOD the glory.  We celebrate by sharing our beliefs that God does want us well.  Jesus still heals.  Miracles still exist. 

This year I have struggled some with finding the balance between Joel's and my healing and the cancer, kidney stones, and macular degeneration I battle now.  My experiences right now do not verify or change what we know to be true.  God is still our Healer.  Miracles still exist.  Jesus still heals and has given us the authority to command our mountains to move.  The scriptures tell us, "by His stripes we are healed."

And that is where the truth lies.  In God's Word.  In what we know to be true!  We have seen that truth manifested in the bodies of others we have prayed for.  Knees healed or improved.  COPD gone.  Allergic reaction to a wasp disappearing.  Back pain gone.  We continue to pray for my own body to heal............we continue to pray for others..........we continue to know that Jesus is the best physician while giving thanks for the physicians he has provided to care for us on earth. 


When I watch Joel ride his bike 20 miles.............when I watch him run up and down the stairs......when I watch him skipping with a look of pure joy on his face...........I give thanks.  I give thanks for the healing that took place in his Lyme ravaged body at 4 am on January 24th, 2012.  To God be all the glory!!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Amen!! I’ve shared his awesome story with many people! We don’t know why some are healed before others but we do know who the healer is and to keep on trusting and praising Him!