Thursday, January 17, 2019

Don't Leave Home Without Him!



It was five years ago about mid January that I began feeling the presence of Holy Spirit in a physical way.  I don't really know how to explain it well and when I try my words fall short.  I was worshiping one morning when suddenly I could not stand up.  I felt a weight on me that pressed me down to the sofa.  As I continued to worship, His presence became stronger and stronger.  I literally felt God like a heavy blanket on me.  This did not last just a few minutes, but actually went on throughout the day for a few weeks.  Most of what I experienced during this time I have kept between Joel and myself, but it changed my life forever.

I have pondered the purpose of this time, and I believe that Holy Spirit was bringing about inner healing for me from childhood trauma.  He was also letting me know how much God loves me, body, soul, and spirit.  Oh, I felt so very very loved.

Holy Spirit has been defined as a wind, a comforter, and dynamite to name just a few.  God gave us the Holy Spirit when Jesus left this earth. He told His disciples to attempt nothing until they had been given the Holy Spirit.  There is power there.   And Holy Spirit loves to communicate with us.  He enjoys helping, guiding, and leading us. He is mostly a gentleman who waits for permission to make Himself known.  There is so much available for us if we just open our hearts to the possibilities.

I love the quote above.  We DO need Holy when we go to Walmart........to Target.........the grocery store.........church.......school.............in our home.  We need Him 24/7 in our lives.  And He is always  there  We may not always feel him, but He is always always there.   He still "nudges" me as He did five years ago, and I still open my heart to Him.  "Come Holy Spirit Come".  Sometimes I long for those weeks of His intense Presence, but mostly I am grateful for how much that period of time shaped me and my relationship with God.   Here is an article I wrote about that special time.  More

My advice?  Don't leave home without Him!

No comments: