Tuesday, August 27, 2019

He Is Glued To My Side



Yesterday the nurse called me from general surgery and told me they have managed to get me in to have a port placed at the hospital on Wednesday.  I was sooooo excited.  "Oh, this is wonderful news" I said.  After I said it, I told Kris, the nurse on the phone, I can't believe I am excited about yet another surgery or surgical procedure ~ #6 in 10 months.  She said, "I know.  You have been through so much in the past year."  I had been praying for God to get me in on Wednesday.  My surgeon is on maternity leave so someone I have never met would need to do this for me.   I would start to worry about it, and then tell Papa God, "It is in your hands.  If that is the right day, work it out!"   He did.  God is good.  He is faithful.  He is glued to my side on this journey called life. 

My world has changed the past 10 months in ways I never thought about.  I have never liked going to doctors, avoided hospitals, limited medications I took, and having surgery was not on my radar.  But life has a way of readjusting our perspectives.  Now I see things differently.   I find I am grateful for doctors, good hospitals, and even medications that help along the journey.

Lately I have been reading more of Ann Voskamp's writings and one theme that she speaks about often is gratitude.  And gratitude shifts our perspective, and a different perspective makes all the difference in how we do life in the good times, and bad times, but especially the "bad".  Because no matter what we are going through in body, soul, or spirit, God is good.  He is faithful.  He is glued to our side on this journey we call life. 

So today I am thankful for a surgeon "working me into his schedule on short notice" and I am thankful for a good hospital and caring staff.  I am thankful for the "chariots and horses" ( a former post I wrote HERE) that God is using to help me fight my battle.  And I remind myself and all of you, God is good.  He is faithful.  He is glued to our side on this journey we call life!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Love you my sister Renee’💕🙏✝️

Corrinne said...

Renee, as you say, it is a lot to go through, but knowing you have our gracious God beside you lessens the hard times some. Just know that we have been keeping you, Joel and your family in our prayers. We will pass the word too. YES - GOD IS GOOD!!!

Diane P Morin said...

Yes, He is! So happy you sense His presence along your journey. I think of what you have gone through and really know so little, but cannot imagine such a journey without our Father God. Thank you for sharing your story, Renee.