Saturday, July 18, 2020

Saturday's Scribbles

Good Saturday to you from hot and humid Iowa where dew points are in the mid to high 70's and the heat index is going to be in the 105 range today.  Are we having fun yet???  It is just plain oppressive.  It is windy which is a really good thing for anyone having to be out in this weather.

Speaking of that my husband is one who starts a project and has this inbuilt need to finish what he starts sooner rather than later.  Today when he told me he was going out while it was "cool" to work on his project I pulled rank (do I even have that?) and told him that is great but you are not going out the door until you promise me, I mean pinkie swear promise me that you will close up shop and be done by noon.  About 20 minutes to 12 I opened the garage door and told him he had 19 minutes left.......cuz that is what good wives do, they take care of their husbands when they don't take care of themselves!

It has been another week of crapola.  Yep.  My attitude has not been too great about it all.  I am still waiting for the Covid test results.  There are times I wish we were back "home" in Minnesota and this is one of them.  Covid testing results take less than 24 hours up in the Twin Cities, and 4-6 DAYS here.  Seriously?  At this point in the pandemic that seems absurd.  But then a lot does seem absurd in our present world, doesn't it.  So in a moment of frustration I decided to forget resting, cuz I am not very good at it and pushed myself hard on Thursday to do just some normal stuff.....yesterday I could not function at all....I actually felt I needed to be seen by a doctor due to how sick I was..........and not one clinic anywhere in town would see me.  Nope.  Nada.  Urgent Care............when you have a Covid test pending?  Not urgent enough.   I actually talked to 4 different nurses or staff people, two  because of their concern over my symptoms.  I was told to go to ER.  Not a safe place when our numbers have quadrupled in last 3 weeks and deaths here are up 1,100 %.  So I rested, prayed and now today is another day.  And today I am doing just a little and resting a lot.  Can I just say it?  This sucks!  We will be relieved to know it is not CoVid but then we will still be left with what the Zometa has done to me.

Okay, enough of that.....

Some early mornings I join Joel out on our porch for a little porch sitting.  The birds are singing, the breezes are flowing and sometimes our chimes join in.  Today God reminded me once again that He has not forgotten me.....Let me explain.  Yesterday morning I told Joel I was having difficulty not feeling forgotten by God as I struggle with so much weakness and fatigue.  Soon after we had devotions and 2x it came up that "God has not forgotten you.  He has not forgotten His promises He gave you."  Those two reminders went along with the one I saw on Facebook with the same "theme".  When I get things in three's I pay attention.  God is speaking.  Today as we sat on the porch a beautiful cardinal came up and sat on the shepherd's hook holding one of our planters.  It was in full view for us to enjoy.  We had not seen one yet this summer and it happens to be my favorite bird of all.  I had to smile.  God was reminding me......He is here, loving on me, and helping me to remember He has not forgotten me.  That lie I was speaking?  It is just that.  A lie.  Don't you just love when God shows up at just the right moment of time.  He is a good good Father.



I saw this posted on Facebook which made me think about the family theme song my extended family sings for any reunions...."You Are My Sunshine".  In present times, let's all make the effort be someone's sunshine when their skies are grey.  And lets remember, too, that when Jesus is our SONshine, skies are never grey for long!

When we were sitting outside I asked Joel if that truck that just drove by was the new "witness protection" people?  He laughed....You see not too far away from us a house sold about 18 months ago to some people from Florida or somewhere like that.  Joel intentionally went to meet them,  but after that we never saw them.  Outside.  Nada.  Driving by.....seldom.  And then all of a sudden a moving van pulled up and some other people moved in.  When did the other couple move out?  (Can you tell we have way too much time on our hands here ???)  Another neighbor came by one day after a walk and said he thought those people that left were in the witness protection program and that is why they were invisible most of the time.  And just disappeared.  Hmmmmmm   We still laugh about that!  I think we all need our lives back so we too busy to notice such things!  (giggle)  Those are the benefits or not? of living in our friendly neighborhood!

Speaking of benefits, lets think about all those things we are grateful for!  For us it would be chatting with family members and friends on the phone and with texting, talks with each other. Prayers of others.  Thankful for those we know who are doing so well after surgeries.  So grateful for cardinals, laughter, homemade cookies, comfy furniture, Joel's garage shop, TV, books, teachings, mysterious going on's, Joel's many bike rides,  breezes, A/C , sunrises and sunsets, and another day of sunshine and SONshine!  What is on your list this week?

Enjoy the weekend!

No comments: