Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Well, That Was Just A Little To The Right Of Crazy!

I have waited in lines for as many years as I can remember, especially when in the military. One that comes to mind is when we lived in the Philippines and I would go grocery shopping after payday.  The line would sometimes wrap around the building as we stood outside in the oppressive heat and humidity to get a cart and move inside.  When inside I would shop with the hope that not everything I needed was already scooped up by others hoping the same.  When shopping was finished there would be a long line to check out.  This happened most every time I went to the Air Force commissary in the P.I.

Yes, I have stood in line for a number of things over the years,  but I never thought I would be in line so someone could stick a swab far up my nose as a test for Covid-19.  Before I tell you how it came to that, let me tell you that Joel and I will be absolutely shocked if it comes back positive.  Even so, in the past I have been surprised by test results often enough to be cautionary with my thinking I know the answer before the lab does.



The past 5 days I have felt worse that ever since the Zometa infusion three weeks ago.  When I emailed my Mayo doctor about all the symptoms and how they had progressively gotten worse, I received an email within two hours saying my doctor wanted me to be tested for Covid ASAP.  I was stunned, and when I told Joel he reacted the same way.  She had her reasons, so after a short discussion I decided I better rule it out.  That way we will all know whether all my symptoms are from a virus or a drug that helps your bones but hit this body hard!  And, I admit, I need to work at letting the doctor be the doctor......So that is how I found myself showing up for my "appointment",  in a short line of cars, all with occupants waiting for testing.

When our oldest daughter went to Texas with her hubby they saw a sign that reminded them of us....we had just experienced Joel's overnight healing and our gifts of a prayer language and the sign said...."West of Weird, Texas".  Another friend's husband, when hearing our story said to us, "Well that is just a little to the right of crazy isn't it!"  We laughed and laughed over his response.  Not offended at all, in fact Joel's book about his healing, which will soon be self-published, is entitled, "A Little To The Right Of Crazy".  It is how we define our lives a lot now, and today when the test was finished and we drove away, I turned to Joel and said, "Well, that was just a little to the right of crazy wasn't it".

How did we get to this place in 2020?  I can guarantee that people will talk about this year for decades to come.  It was the year that......................... Yeah.  Since there are still 5 months left I'm not holding my breath or making any predictions that it will get better.  I believe we just need to hang on, it is going to be a bumpy ride.

Speaking of hanging on, today the nurse said to me, if you need to grab someone's arm when I am doing this test, grab "his", not mine.  And just like me grabbing hold of Joel's hand for support, we all know that God would love to hold our own hand as we walk through life.  He wants us to grab on, and He will see us through. He promises to hold us with His "righteous hand".  Yes, Lord.  West of weird?  Yep.  To the right of crazy?  Oh yeah. 2020........Maybe at the end of this year we will all say, "That was just a little to the right of crazy"......

No comments: