Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happily Ever After

Last night I watched what I call a B- movie on the Lifetime channel. It may have been a C+ it was so poorly written...but I was exhausted and wanting to escape my life without making too much of an effort to do so. Thus the C+ movie....with the happy ending of course! Now I must confess, I like my movies and my books to have happy endings. Once in awhile I read or watch something that does not qualify, but mostly my option is a nice ending. I just finished reading a book my daughter Naomi had brought to our home over Thanksgiving to give to my daughter Bethany to read. It was accidentally left here so I decided to read it before shipping it off. It was called The Woods and was a NY Times Best seller. It did NOT have a happy ending...in fact the whole book was heavy and depressing...not good reading for a person who really gets into the books she reads. I kept reading it thinking it would end up well in the end...that is the way I like things to end up ~ happily ever after. It did not and it left me feeling like..."is that all there is?" Back to the movie: It had a simple plot, but unrealistic adventures, etc. and it ending happily. I could turn out the light and go to sleep knowing all was right with the world...at least the world of TV!
As a Christian, I can have the same happy ending. Life is not always fair. If fact, it is downright hard at times. Sometimes I verbally respond to struggles with one of Erma Bombeck's titles for a book she wrote ~ "If Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries, How Come I Get All The Pits!". BUT no matter what comes my way ~ good, bad, or ugly, and like everyone else I have experienced it all ~ when I die my life will have the happily ever after ending. Eternal Life with Jesus Christ my Lord.
An ending that is worth waiting for!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I find both of yours interesting, and a good example of what I was thinking about.

It's good to think about happy endings doing Advent too, because there are some pretty happy things that come at the end :)
I'll be keeping up with you.
Peace.

Renee said...

What a nice surprise, Chrissy Joy. Thanks for stopping by! I will be doing the same at your "place".
Yes Advent is a good time of preparation and waiting.
Renee