Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday

The past few days have been hot and humid here.. Oh, not like the East Coast, but plenty hot and sticky, with dew points in the 70's, and the air like soup. It reminds me of when we lived in The Philippines. Hot and humid was the norm and during the monsoon season everything was always damp in our house because we did not have air conditioning for the first year we lived there. Being we were a cold weather crew, I am not so sure we every adjusted to it.


So today I am thankful for air conditioners. Those powerful little machines that bring cool air into our homes with the touch of a button, and make it possible to manage the heat. Square boxes that keep my body temperature regulated, and my emotional temperature even! And while I am at it I am thankful for the inventor of these wonderful pieces of technology....William Haviland Carrier from New York, who created the very first one in 1902. Thank you Mr. Carrier, and thank you God for giving Mr. Carrier the ability to do so!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

AMEN...I, too am Very thankful for A/C! Praise GOD for the reprieve from this east coast sauna bath!
Hugs,
andrea

Renee said...

Thanks Andrea....I bet it is a sauna out east!!!

Fliterary said...

I love your Thankful Thursday posts! Praying again today for your health and many blessings.

Gentle hugs,
Lisa