Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Digging Deeper

Every year we order the new Daily Guidepost devotional to use as a part of our morning devotions. After more than 10 years, we feel like we have gotten to know the variety of writers that grace it's pages. This year at the bottom of the page they have added a new component~ where they share other Bible verses that would go along with the devotional and verse at the top of each day's writing. They have called this "Digging Deeper".

These two words have resonated with me since I first saw them on January 1st. They are a daily reminder for me to go another level deeper into the Word in 2013. We know that God's Word holds power as we read it, declare it, and live it! Several months ago God shared the following verses with me while I was meditating with Him in the "Garden".

"My child, pay attention to what I say
Listen carefully to my Words
Don't lose sight of them
Let them penetrate DEEP into your heart
For they bring life to those who find them
and healing to their whole body."
 
Proverbs 4:20-23
 
These verses are very powerful and give us a promise for reading and studying His Word.  Following in obedience God's directions, brings LIFE and Healing!  Think of it!  God's promises are always yes and amen.  He never goes back on His promises.  And he tells us here, that IF we listen carefully to His Word, and let it go deep deep inside, THEN it will bring life and healing for our whole body.  

I desire that.  Does that sound selfish?  I don't think so.  God offers it.  I want all He offers~ salvation, forgiveness, healing, love, provision, and more........and I want to share it with others. Where do we find what He offers?  His promises?  Where?  In His Word.  So when I read those words "digging deeper" they are reminder of what God has asked of me.  Read My Word.  Study My Word.  Become more like Christ.  Dig Deeper.

No comments: