Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Such Good Friends



I have a friend who spends her days taking care of a house full of treasures.  Some with special needs, all part of their big family.  She recently shared on her blog that she spends her days doing a lot of talking.  Certainly you would expect that with so many kids to care for, but she stated she talks all day to God.  They are "long time friends" and she visits with Him continually and listens when He talks to her.  This relationship has been part of her life since she was a young child.  Ana Werner, author and speaker, shared in her book "The Seer's Path" that she spends a lot of time talking with Jesus.  A back and forth conversation guided by Holy Spirit I expect.  I desire what they talk about.

It is common knowledge that God wants a close relationship with us.  It seems to me that would require some good back and forth conversation.  Just like any relationship, we need to put the time and effort into nurturing those that are important to us.

Recently I asked Jesus a question that someone suggested.  What would Jesus say about me?   As I thought about it, I remembered that  He has said more than once I am faithful.  He expressed to me through words of knowledge that I have tenacity.  Those two I already knew, but when I asked this question while quietly sitting in His Presence,  I also heard Him say "God fiercely loves you."  I then saw Jesus link arms with me and heard Him say "We are such good friends!"

"Such good friends".  Wow.  That surprised me and got me thinking even more.   Am I really a good friend?  Do I come to Him only with my own agenda or do I find out how He is doing too.  Do I listen as well as I talk?  Do I laugh with Him, cry with Him?  Do I desire to spend time with Him like I do my earthly friends?  Do I trust Him fully as I do my Joel?  Do we do life well together?

I am often amazed that Jesus wants to be our friend.  That Papa God loves us so much.  I am amazed at the perseverance of them both to bring home the lost and continually care for their children.  Always with us, always for us.  That is the best kind of relationship to have, isn't it.  I'm so glad we are such good friends.


No comments: