Thursday, July 11, 2019

Is This A Good Time?


I was in the bathroom, getting ready for the day when the thought came into my head.....The phone is going to ring, it will be Mayo Clinic, and you will still be upstairs.  A couple minutes later the phone rang and it was Mayo Clinic.The woman on the other end talked a couple of minutes and then said, "Can you talk right now? Is this a good time?  I paused for a moment and then said, "Sure, I can talk."

After last Wednesday's appointments, we went home over the weekend and prayed over what we had heard.  The radiologist had told me my case was complicated.....he suggested we go to Mayo for a second opinion.  He said it three times throughout our conversation. The oncologist mentioned it as one of our options.  Circumstances that arose during our visit with him had us contemplating the idea seriously.  So Monday we called the nurse advocate and said we would like a referral for a second opinion.  Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN is less than 2 hours from us by car.  Right "in our backyard" as one person had said to us.

Thus the phone call at 8 am. When I said I could talk, I was sitting on our bed without a stitch of clothing on.  So there I sat, spiral notebook in hand, jotting down information,thankful this was not a Facetime visit!   Joel and I had a good laugh over it later.   The appointment is 5 weeks away which makes me anxious when I think about it, but we had prayed, others had prayed and we needed to trust the process.  All my info is being sent there or carried by me and we will pray all goes well as we proceed.

Is this a good time? How often have we heard those words, or spoken them.  Do you ever wonder if God interrupts our day or night and is thinking.........."Is this a good time?"  Maybe He wakes us in the night just so He can have our full attention!  Our days can be so full that we don't set aside much time for Him......and He quietly waits for us to acknowledge His presence, sit with Him and hear what He has to say.  "Is this a good time"?

We never have to ask God "Is this a good time" when we want to talk with Him.  He is available 24/7 to listen.  What a gift.  What love He has for His children. My prayer is that we, too, find ourselves attentive to God's voice anytime of the day or night, so aware of His presence that He does not have to ask, "Is this a good time"?

No comments: