Thursday, September 19, 2019

I Love To Hear The Stories!





A couple of weeks ago I closed my eyes and quietly waited for God to show me anything He wished me to see.  I then saw myself sitting on a hillside looking down over bay and could see small boats and sailboats in the water.  On my left Jesus sat next to me and I linked arms with Him.  On my right was Holy Spirit, a swirl of colorful energy spinning around.  I felt heat against my leg and foot and when I looked the Lion of Judah was leaning against me.  I asked where God was and heard Him say, "I'm behind you.  I've got your back."

This was all I saw but it gave me great comfort.  Surrounded by the Trinity, protected as I move forward in this season of my life.  I liked knowing that Jesus, the Lamb is also the Lion.  He sacrificed His life for me, for us.  He also fights for us as the mighty Lion of Judah.  It was a good reminder for me.

Recently I reread the story of a couple who experienced an angel coming to the husband's need as he went through a terrible ordeal when a freak accident resulted in him being medivaced to Mayo Clinic.  Several people saw this guardian angel in men's clothing with unusual happenings affirming that it was an angel!  Such a beautiful story of how God shows up for His children.  Stories, or testimonies shared give God praise, but they also build up our faith. We realize how much God loves us and remember His goodness. 

When Joel was 16 years old he was outside one morning and looked up in the sky.  There he saw three crosses.  His thought was, "That is someone's cross..."  It was just a few days later that his dad died suddenly and unexpectedly.  He believes God spoke to him that morning with a visual of three crosses in the sky.  This event profoundly shaped Joel's faith.

My friend Linny Saunders and her hubby Dwight have so many stories to share of God's faithfulness that she even wrote a book called "The Memorial Box".  They have an actual large curio type box where they keep visual reminders of stories where God intervened in their lives.  With 14 children, and 9 still at home, they have many stories to share.  She keeps a memorial box because of what it says in the book of Joshua where God's instructions were that Joshua build a memorial so when future generations look at it and ask what it is for, they will hear the many stories of God's faithfulness as they ventured into the promised land.  We all have those stories to share too!

A few years ago when Joel was interim at a small church in a small Iowa town, he asked if people would share their "Faith stories"with the rest of the congregation.  They were willing to take 5 minutes during Sunday morning services to share and listen to how God has shown up for His children.  It was wonderful!  So many had great testimonies of how God intervened, spoke, or showed up in the lives of His children.  Those stories we heard benefited and blessed us all!

It is good to hear how God works in the lives of His children and it is good for us to look back and remember how He has blessed us during different seasons of our lives.  He is a good good Father. Someone today may need to hear your faith story.  We all have them.  I love to hear the stories~  I am sure you do too!

No comments: