Saturday, September 14, 2019

Saturday's Scribbles



Good Saturday to you from our corner of Iowa where fall continues to make itself known.  I love fall, so I am taking in all the colors, sounds, and smells.  The other day we were sitting on the porch watching a squirrel try to maneuver an ear of corn from the neighbor's yard, across the street into our yard.  He tried carrying it in his mouth, but kept dropping it.  He actually pushed it with his nose rolling it on the street, before picking up one end and dragging it the rest of the way.  Determination.

Speaking of determination, I am mustering up what I can here, determined to walk through chemo to the other side.  Energy is sparse, nerve pain and tinnitus talking, and this week my hair started to fall out.  It was coming out in handfuls yesterday so I decided today was the day.  I cut off as much as I could, Joel took over and cut as much as he could, and then he shaved my head.  We have been through this long journey together and he wanted to be part of this too.  It was a bit shocking to look in the mirror, and emotional for both of us,  but it only made me more determined to ride this storm out.  I am blessed to have a good, loving soulmate to walk with me.

Speaking of blessings, we have enjoyed visiting with our friends, who came back to visit the place they lived for 30 years.  They have been willing to accommodate my need for "short" visits and we have been delighted to catch up on their new adventures. 

Another blessing ~ smart phones!  It has been such a blessing to have pics of the grands as they start their sports, get their awards, begin school.  Just doing life, and we are missing out on so much of it.  With smart phones photos are sent so quickly and we can keep up to date on what is going on.  I think my mom would have loved this!  I used to send her tons of pictures over the years, and she would come for a two week visit every year, but instant pics would have been a blessing! 

Hope you are experiencing your own blessings in life and treasuring each and every one.

No comments: