Saturday, October 5, 2019

Saturday's Scribbles



Good Saturday to you from our corner of Iowa where the word of the week has been RAIN!  Rain, rain, and more rain.  Dark and dreary days mostly with water water everywhere.  I'm guessing we have had 4-5 inches.  We could use a little sunshine!  It has been nice to turn on the gas fireplace!

Speaking of sunshine, we were hoping for sunshine today as Joel headed off to his "national holiday" of Rendezvous Days about 45 minutes from here.  He has gone nearly every year, life and weather cooperating!  The weather has not cooperated this year.  He called me a couple of hours in and said there was water everywhere.  Sloshing was the way he described walking through all the tents, food places, etc.  Sounds like he will top off his breakfast flatbread with lunch before heading home early.  So disappointing.

Today is our granddaughter Abbi's birthday.  Next week our son-in-law Greg will add a year.  Our oldest son Matt and his wife Michele celebrated their wedding anniversary this week, too.  We have a lot of family birthdays and anniversaries in the fall.  I enjoy fall so much, but sure miss being with our family for special occasions.  For any occasion.  If you live close to your kids?  Treasure it.

There has been so much political drama on TV this week.  It is like a soap opera where each day brings more craziness than the last.  Years and years ago I used to watch those daily soaps......I quit and I am glad I did!   Too much drama.....just like now.  No matter which side of the aisle you are on, or whether you walk down the middle, it is all a mess.  There are times I am not only shocked or disgusted, but also embarrassed by it all.

This week I made it to physical therapy twice as planned.  The scar tissue is breaking up and my muscles are stretching more and more.  That is good news.  I have had more energy, but what we have noticed is that I can feel fine and then instantly not be fine and in need of laying down ASAP.  It just leaves or changes so quickly.  I wish the pain would go away as quickly!  Six more days til we head back to the cancer center for another infusion.  Oh, joy.

Speaking of joy, I have been working on that intentional gratitude again.  I am thankful for texting!  Such a fast way to be in touch.  I am so grateful for kids who walk in faith.  Grateful for feeling stronger, being able to taste some foods again, and knowing there is an end to the chemo.  Grateful for a warm house, a gas fireplace, the TV to distract, online ordering,and grilled pork chops and baked squash made by my hubby.  Delish!  What's on your list?

No comments: