Saturday, October 19, 2019

Saturday's Scribbles

Good Saturday to you from our corner of the world where today's temp is going to be 65 !  A warm fall day starting with rain but ending with sunshine. I will be enjoying the weather from my sofa sanctuary due to yesterday's chemo treatment.  So thankful for our big windows, and the fresh air coming in.

It is also the weekend of our granddaughter L.'s confirmation.  Joel and I feel that a time to confirm and confess your faith in Jesus as your Savior is very important......just as important as graduating, but for different reasons.  It breaks my heart that I cannot be there to celebrate.  He was struggling with whether to go or not because I crash, especially the Sunday after chemo and often need his help.  He had just decided not to go when our oldest son, Matt, surprised us with a phone call telling us he was going to come up Saturday afternoon and stay overnight, going home Sunday afternoon so his dad could go and I would not be alone!  What a gift for us!

Speaking of gifts, as I sit or lay on my sofa I can see a ceramic plaque that says, "You Got This" from our oldest daughter.  I see a beautiful card with heart felt encouragement from our middle daughter, an angel from our son Matt, wife Michele, and kids, and a prayer bowl from my sister Janelle. I give thanks for the phone that brings in calls from our son Matt....to check in with us.   I have a stack of cards to reread and a jar full of encouraging notes and Bible verses our youngest daughter Sarah made for me last Thanksgiving when I started this long hard journey.  She had everyone who was here write them for me.   All visual reminders of God's love notes sent by those I love and care about.  It makes me smile...........\

Speaking of smiling, yesterday I had a roommate for chemo.  A very small room with a cotton cloth screen between chemo patients.  They were full and my scheduled appointment did not happen until just two days before hand.  My roomie liked to watch old westerns.  It reminded me of my sister Jan who also likes old western movies.  A discussion with my siblings brought up the fact that most do enjoy old westerns.......especially Bonanza was a favorite!  All of us are over 60.....probably has something to do with it?  Or maybe the simpler life when the violence shown on TV was kid's play compared to today!

I am reading a David Rosenfelt mystery again.  I took a break for awhile as they sound the same after awhile.  I really need to expand my reading choices, but right now between chemo and steroid brains this is the best I can do.  Speaking of steroids, when I am put on them, I have several side effects including weight gain to the tune of gaining 4 lbs in just 24 hours.  Six pounds in 2 days.  I quit getting on the scale until this leaves my body.  It is fascinating to me....I lost 7 lbs the first 10 days of chemo last time and gained it back the final week........and then more.  Now, in my way of thinking a person should get rewarded for this journey, like weight loss if needed.  Don't you think?

The political drama is over the top and even though I hate to watch it or let it pull me in on any level, I am drawn to it in a strange way.  Drama.  The what can happen next?  Boundaries and limitations? Necessary.

The Hallmark Mystery Channel has gone to Christmas Movies ALREADY!  What is up with that?  Do that have a pact with businesses to get people to buy more stuff or are they just wanting to spread some joy early on....like before Halloween!  We don't decorate for Halloween but do have pumpkins for Fall!

Hope you all have a good weekend filled with all good blessings!










No comments: