Saturday, November 21, 2009

Spiritual Sundays

From Max Lucado's booklet, "Give It All To Him".


W O R R Y

"Worry is the burlap bag of burdens. it is overflowing with 'whaddifs' and 'howells'. Whaddif it rains at my wedding.....Howell we pay our child's tuition.....etc. etc.

The burlap bag of worry. Cumbersome. Chunky. Unattractive. Scratchy. Hard to get a handle on. Irritating to carry and impossible to give away. No one wants your worries......Worry divides the mind. The Biblical word for worry is the compound of two Greek words that mean 'to divide' 'the mind'. Anxiety splits our energy between today's priorities and tomorrows problems. The result is half-minded living.

Jesus said, 'You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it.' (Matt.6:27)

Worry has never brightened a day, solved a problem or cured a disease!"

BUT JESUS HAS!

There is so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, and at the top of my list is Jesus my Lord. Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate it in November!

For more inspirational posts visit Charlotte and Ginger's blog:
www.bloggerspirit.blogspot.com

17 comments:

Ziggy Stardust said...

God bless you and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Anne

RCUBEs said...

We don't need those extra baggages...Happy Thanksgiving to you and God bless.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

So many time I thought I gave my worries to God, but was unaware of the what I held on to. Thank-you for this post today.
Blessings,
Ginger

Debbie said...

This was great, I LOVED it...Have a very blessed Thanksgving, Debbie

Charlotte said...

Max has such a unique way of making important points. I'm glad you shared these thoughts with us.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Blessings,
Charlotte

From the Old InkWell said...

Oh So TRUE, so why do we keeping worring?? :)

Musings of A Minister said...

Wonderful. Thank you for posting. Max is one of my favorite writers. This is a timely, needed message.

Beth said...

Thanks for the reminder NOT to worry. Happy Thanksgiving!

Mary said...

What a wonderful way that Max Lucada has of giving us a "picture" of the things that Jesus was telling us about. This is so very good! Thanks for sharing today...much needed!

Have a wonderful Sunday and blessed Thanksgiving!

Mary

Janet Benlien Reeves said...

There IS so much to be thankful for! Thanks for sharing this encouraging quote today.

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

I have spent the last 4 months worrying. I lost my job in June. Tomorrow I start a new job. All that worrying just added to my insecurities. Praise the Lord that he sent this new job to me.

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Worry is the opposite of faith. Thanks for this wonderful reminder.

Cathy said...

Wonderful thoughts ~ Happy Thanksgiving

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Renee,
What a wonderful and inspiring post! I love Max Lucado's writings! Thank you for sharing this with us today and thank you for stopping by. Hope you have wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sharlotte said...

Thank you for this analogy...I think it's so true about worry and anxiety. Trusting that God will give us or "daily bread" and has a plan for us is sometimes hard to remember. But through prayer, we can overcome these weak thoughts.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Blessings,
~Myrna

Jan Lyn said...

Thanks for sharing this. It is exactly what I needed today.

Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.

Jan Lyn