Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday Thoughts

Today the sun is shining, the temp is climbing to the mid-fifties, and I was able to go for a short ride with my husband, Joel, to buy some gourds. The fresh air and change of scenery was good for my health!

Today I am especially thankful for my husband of 41 years. We met at Bible College and married at the young ages of 20 and 22. Our years together found us living in several states and one foreign country. Through raising 7 children and doing foster care, and his careers in the military and ministry, we have moved 23 times. I am blessed to have a husband with a deep faith, strong commitment to our marriage and our family, and a loving spirit. When times are tough he is right there, when I was bedridden he took over my responsibilities and still maintained his own. He is loving, caring, solid, dependable, and honorable. Today I give thanks for God blessing me with Joel in my life. I am blessed.

2 comments:

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Wonderful thoughts , no we should never take our wonderful husbands for granted . They are one of our biggest blessings in life! 8~)
~Myrna

Jan Lyn said...

What a blessing indeed. You have us beat on the number of homes and I can only imagine the memories that go along with each one. Thanks for sharing more of your family story.