Friday, May 14, 2010

"Gwandma Na Is Good!"

A couple of years ago our young granddaughter, Greta, talked to me on the phone. As we were visiting, she asked, "How are you Gwandma Na?" I replied, "Well, Greta, I am good!" She became so excited she yelled at her dad, "Daddy, daddy, Gwandma Na is good!!"

"Gwandma Na" lives life mostly from her living room sanctuary, so, when Grandma told Greta that she was good~ Greta decided this was something to celebrate!

When this occurred, I began wonder how often my response is not "I am good." More often than I would like to admit, I let my circumstances or my symptoms dictate my day...good .....or bad..... when really, every day is good! Every day we open our eyes to the morning light is something to celebrate. I like to remember that every day is an opportunity for a miracle because God is in the center of it.

Psalm 118: 24 says, "This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

We cannot deny that there are times that are really tough, and it is hard to feel positive sometimes due to tragic or difficult circumstances. It is more than okay to be honest about where we find ourselves, but when we remember that God is with in us and with us, loves us, and will never leave us ~then like Greta we have reason to celebrate~ reason to say, "I am good".

I hope that each of you today find reason to say, "I am good!" If you need encouragement and inspiration visit Charlotte and Ginger at Spiritual Sundays.
http://www.bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/

17 comments:

Charlotte said...

I'm glad to hear that you are "good". I am good too. Thank you for this interesting perspective.
Blessings,
Charlotte

Nikki (Sarah) said...

sometimes life is hard...really hard but the one bright thing...He is in the hard times with us. Stay strong. Praying for you....and I think you shine...

Anonymous said...

Cute post! :)

michelle said...

Thanks for this! I am good!

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Yes sometimes we don't realise the impact of our words. Men are good at not always expressing sadness, hard times of feeling unwell.
When asked,"How are you going," the answer will be, "Good thanks Mate," puts me to shame at times.
God Bless your day.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

This is so good, and I'm good, and I'm glad that your good:)Thank-you for sharing this story. I will use this advise wisely.
Blessings,
Ginger

Mevely317 said...

Your words, "I let my circumstances or my symptoms dictate my day...good .....or bad..... when really, every day is good!"
...Wow! What a wonderful perspective - I needed this reminder today. Thank you!

Kelee Katillac said...

I love this story! I am "good" today...because you shared it!

Thanks so much Rene!

love,kelee

RCUBEs said...

I always think to myself that everytime I let worries or fears rule over me, I must be disappointing Him because it's like making the trials bigger than Him when in reality, there is nothing bigger than our good Lord.

May we truly learn to have our eyes fixed on Jesus. God bless you sister and praying for a complete healing.

Susan B said...

Great post! Thank you for sharing. Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!

Joan Hall said...

Good post, Renee - and I love the verse!

Blessings,
Joan

Musings of A Minister said...

Very interesting and informative. Thanks for posting today.

Lemon Lane Studio said...

I am good...I love it. Not perfect, not without struggles...but definitely good. Thanks for the reminder, I needed it.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh isn't is a wonderful thing that we get to decide how our attitude will be every morning.

Cathy said...

A sweet post, Dear ~ Yes we are blessed with every day. He is our hope, and nothing is too hard for Him.

Jan Lyn said...

This post reminds me why I need to visit you here more frequently. This is a treasure of a reminder:

"Every day we open our eyes to the morning light is something to celebrate. I like to remember that every day is an opportunity for a miracle because God is in the center of it."

What Truth is in that statement. Thank you Renee. I needed to hear that today as it feels an 'unsafe' day here filled with drug reactions. Your love and obedience to let God work through your life help me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Blessings to You,
Jan Lyn

Shannon said...

Thank you for these wise words! As we figure out my health stuff it sure is easy to focus on pain or just not feeling well....I needed to hear this!
Hugs,
Shannon